49cc Flying Horse

GoldenMotor.com

nathpld123

Sep 18, 2012
Canada
I just finished building this 49cc flying horse engine. So far so good, except, i notice something which i think is something wrong.

Whenever i start my bicycle and go on full trottle right away, it wont go in its highest rpms. I would have to wait few seconds for it to be able to solve the problem.

Is that normal?

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
With the clutch pulled in or while riding it?

If it's while the clutch is pulled in you might be running rich. If it's while riding, that's normal engine operation.

nathpld123

Sep 18, 2012
Canada
With the clutch pulled in or while riding it?

If it's while the clutch is pulled in you might be running rich. If it's while riding, that's normal engine operation.
both, even if i just start the bike and keep the clutch pulled in and twist the throttle to its maximum right away. Same as, if i just start the bicycle and twist the throttle to its maximum while releasing the clutch lever.

Also my C-clip is in the middle. Should i put it 2 from top?

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
both, even if i just start the bike and keep the clutch pulled in and twist the throttle to its maximum right away. Same as, if i just start the bicycle and twist the throttle to its maximum while releasing the clutch lever.

Also my C-clip is in the middle. Should i put it 2 from top?
The throttle response should be decently fast.
Two things: what is your fuel/oil mixture and have you adjusted your throttle cable?

The c-clip DOES affect the part throttle behavior of the engine, so you might play with that a little.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
takes at least a mile to get engine reasonably warm - maybe 4 to 6 miles for a really stable temp

remember, those huge, cold, crank cheeks are part of the intake pathway

nathpld123

Sep 18, 2012
Canada
The throttle response should be decently fast.
Two things: what is your fuel/oil mixture and have you adjusted your throttle cable?

The c-clip DOES affect the part throttle behavior of the engine, so you might play with that a little.
For sure my fuel and oil mixture is wrong but anyway, i just used up probably half a litre of it. I think i put too much oil but i will fix that the next time i get more gasoline.

How do i adjust my throttle cable?