Electric front hub with generator? Propeller bike???

GoldenMotor.com

Fang

May 4, 2013
San Diego
Just Wondering if anyone has done it!
I was thinking about putting an electric front hub on my 66cc china girl bike with a generator hooked up to the back wheel to charge it.

Also has anyone seen these?!??
http://electricbikereport.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/79CD2B8A-BD6E-4219-860B-E9953A62CF060.jpg

I read in an article that the propeller assisted bike can go up to 20mph, wouldn't it be fairly easy to make a horizontal shaft gas engine with a beefy propeller to make it go 40ish?
Or is that too much weight to power etc?

xct2

orpheusmaximo

Aug 9, 2013
Las Vegas
Hey, I thought of a propeller driven bike, ultimately I decided that the ideal model would have a ducted fan with larger intake and smaller out to compress the air ( also intakes that avoid the back "barrier" of the biker ) plus a propeller with at least four to six blades, preferably of an elliptical style ( not sure if that's the correct name, will try to find a picture ). Main problem seem to be, if wanting to use the bike inside city limits, noise, specially if using some powerful R/C engine.

Fang

May 4, 2013
San Diego
After thinking this over I agree that riding it in the city would possibly be disastrous especially if one where to fall backwards haha

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles

Fang

May 4, 2013
San Diego
Haha I would hope it could at least do a wheelie!
I'm still somewhat interested in a hybrid bike set up
Mostly I'd like to make some super small turbines with a nice set of loose bearings that could spin with very little movement
Use those to charge a electric hub battery via wind while pedaling or using a gas engine
seems pretty elaborate for a bicycle but since when do I care about something being over the top haha

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Lane splitting will take on a whole new meaning. If anyone gets too close to you on the left or right, the last thing they will see will be a prop blade coming down on them. It could get ugly real fast. LOL

Last edited:

Fang

May 4, 2013
San Diego
Would've been a whole different story with that land rover if the literal "Chopper bike" invention was there :p