What's your favorite quote

GoldenMotor.com

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Okay.. Here's a bit of randomness from my slow-to-start today brain. ;) No references for the first two..

There are no strangers, just friends you haven't met yet.

Take nothing but memories, leave nothing but footprints.

"I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance" - Grateful Dead, 'Saint of Circumstance'

"I may be going to he|| in a bucket babe, but at least I'm enjoying the ride" - Grateful Dead, 'He|| in a Bucket'

...and a little political fav, that shouldn't offend anyone. ;)

"What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." - Jean Chretien (former Prime Minister of Canada)

Harley59

Aug 19, 2012
Vancouver, bc
My favourite bumper sticker, especially these days: "HANG UP And Drive"
Plus there are the 2 in my sig. I will have to think about this a bit more to find an actual quote.
Oh here is a good one. "Even paranoids have enemies"

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Mine are in my signature.
One more I like:
"Never try to teach a Pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the Pig."
Anon.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
1. "You're gonna need a bigger boat" (Roy Shieder, Jaws)

2. If you're gonna have a party, you've gotta pay the band" (Unknown) On my tomb stone I want, "Paying the Band"

3. A scared populace is an easily controlled populace" (Bertram Russell)

Number three is easily seen. Just watch the NBC Nightly News. "something is gonna get you" (Brian Williams, every night he reports on, something that's gonna get you)

Tom

Last edited:

Jeckler

Jun 4, 2013
Mesa, AZ
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means"
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father., Prepare to die"

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
"It's not what you know. It's not who you know. It's what you know about who you know."

"I'm not gonna tell you to go to ****.......I work there and don't want to see you everyday."

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
Two From the movie (quigley down under) "This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Wyatt Earp." Then after he beats the guy to the draw with a colt 45' "Said I never had much use for one, never said I couldn't use one."

Arnold Layne

Dec 3, 2010
Nebraska
As I was walking out of my grandfather's funeral an old boy, probably in his 90's like gramp, grabbed my arm and said "You never mind what that preacher said, you're grandfather was a great man!" My best friend was recounting the tale of one of the three times he made his wife cry and he said to me "Aww, they are just trying to keep me away from those big power lines!"

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Never send a boy on a man's errand. - My Dad's favorite saying.

Never argue with a fool. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with their years of experience.

Steve.

Last edited:

PhillyJ

Oct 1, 2012
st george utah
we are healthy only to the extent that our thoughts are humane -Kurt Vonnegut

“As if you could kill time without injuring eternity”
― Henry David Thoreau

“Public opinion is a weak tyrant compared with our own private opinion. what a man thinks of himself, that it is which determines, or rather indicates, his fate.”
― Henry David Thoreau

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
No constitution, no court, no law can save liberty when it dies in the hearts and minds of men. - John Perkins

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. --Mark Twain

A cynical, mercenary, demagogic press will produce in time a people as base as itself. - Joseph Pulitzer

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I'll give it some thought. I know there's quotes I've come across that make good sense.

In the meantime, here's a good one attributed to Abraham Lincoln.

"I've found that most men are about as happy as they've set their minds to be."

I think he was absolutely right.

waldo11

Mar 10, 2013
bucks co
Man shall not cease to exploer,and the end of all exploration is to arrive where you started and know the place for the first time. t.s eliot