Simplex servi cycle

GoldenMotor.com

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Ive been wanting to build a copy of the New Orleans based Simplex but have had a difficult time finding the patent drawings. As I have seen a # of patent drawings on this site I thought some one here might point me in the right direction.
Thanks, Rick

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Check out the Servicycle forum, you will probably have better luck there. You may be able to find a roller in decent shape the tanks and the motors are the hard ones to find. A 5 hp Briggs or a 6.5 hf will fit in.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Drawings probably exist, but getting a copy may be difficult. I look at patent drawings, too, but to me these drawings are more for securing the patent and not what most shops would consider a proper set of drawings used to manufacture from. The Simplex is a fairly simple machine, though, and I don't see why someone with drafting skills couldn't produce proper working drawings. I wouldn't mind having a set of Simplex drawings myself.

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Well I found one 60 miles from here Im going to go look at it and take a couple hundred pic's and a bunch of measurements and go from there

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
I know this is an old thread. I'm thinking about putting something together "in the spirit of" the old Simplex using the frame from a Harley Davidson Sprint which was 250cc. It is on the light side and I'd like to do a simple belt drive like the Simplex. Any suggestions on an appropriate sized motor? Pictures of the bike frame are here...
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=50123
SB
they were 125 cc 2 strokes maybe an ole villiers? With a CVT