Btr v1

GoldenMotor.com

a.g.

Dec 23, 2012
Utah
I took ideas from many bikes af that era especially the 20s Harleys and Excelsiors. I spent a little time on the foot pegs and exhuast here are a couple photos. there are more photos on the link I provided in my first post. Everyones input has been extremely helpful, thanks

Attachments

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
WOW WOW WOW!! you have really captured the spirit of btr racing. Your bike looks very similar to a 1926 h-d peashooter, right as they were making the transition to flat track racing. Nice job sir.

If I were you I would find a hill to ride this thing down just to test the brakes to see if you really need a front. This bikes looks so good I would hate to see a front brake on it unless it was absolutely necessary.

halfpint

May 8, 2011
Western Australia
On the front brake have a look at the STURMEY ARCHER BF front hub brake it is 90 m.m. from memory that is the one I am going to use on my clone bike. Good luck and the bike looks great if mine turnes out half as good I will be happy all the best Keith dnut

a.g.

Dec 23, 2012
Utah
I have been swamped at work lately so progress is slow, I have nearly completed the foot controlles and will post photos soon. I found an internal throttle assembly floating around my shop that I,m considering using but I'm not sure the spring on the carb will close it. I'd like to keep the handlebars as clean as possible. Next I'll work on the intake manifold.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
What a great looking bike, I would have missed it if it wasn't mentioned in another thread.I'm Very interested in seeing your foot controls, any plans for a seat change?

Last edited:

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
thats nearly identical engine and tav install to whats on my ambassador...you should be just fine with a good cable brake ,especially if its disc. Mine both are and that bike will really haul to a halt and its heavier than yours. I also have had no belt issues. We didnt use the jack plate it came with but used it to set spacing beforehand and then made sure both inners were perfectly square etc. They really do work well.

bill2781

May 24, 2013
okmulgee OKlahoma
that's some awesome work truly professional and I may add very nice looking bike thanks for sharing this with us .I am looking foreword to seeing the finished bike .

a.g.

Dec 23, 2012
Utah
I made some progress on the tanks this weekend. I also have the internal throttle welded to the handle bars and the cable routed. I now need to come up with way of hooking the cable to the carb.

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Nice! Nice! Nice! don't be such a stranger, this bike is to TOO! COOL! to keep from us, I am collecting parts for a build similar in style to yours (1919 Indian) mind if I steel a few ideas from yer rear brake pulley system and CVT set up ?? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery Ya Know.