vintage engine build

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Administration is extremely cool on this forum. That is why no one stopped you. Just let it roll and if things work out as they usually do here, nobody on the forum will mention your name in a couple of years nor make vaguely sarcastic remarks when this thread is mentioned. :)

May be my natural interest in all things wood and boats in particular but could you post some photos of boats you've built on a thread. Maybe in the Tavern and copper nails at $30 a pound! Yikes.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I should mention that I'm planning on building a Skiff bodied three wheel, pedal, electric velocar with mahogany and I'd like to fasten it with copper nails to be traditional. Oh well it's just more money.

Steve.

--

Aug 18, 2014
Administration is extremely cool on this forum. That is why no one stopped you. Just let it roll and if things work out as they usually do here, nobody on the forum will mention your name in a couple of years nor make vaguely sarcastic remarks when this thread is mentioned. :)

May be my natural interest in all things wood and boats in particular but could you post some photos of boats you've built on a thread. Maybe in the Tavern and copper nails at $30 a pound! Yikes.

Steve.
I should mention that I'm planning on building a Skiff bodied three wheel, pedal, electric velocar with mahogany and I'd like to fasten it with copper nails to be traditional. Oh well it's just more money.

Steve.
LOL... rotfl

ya made my evenin'.. thank...

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I came in at the end of all the hubbubb. But I saw the above link and, in a fit of joy, dug in. It was enlightening. Now, if I had that much experience and access to the right tools, I'm certain I could make my own engine too. But that doesn't make this one any less mesmerizing.
While some of us could have done without the tense moments, it does do credit to the builder and the engine - in that it looks like such a professional job that it is rather hard to believe it isn't a very well-cleaned-up original antique. When I got done with all the photos, I saw clearly how it was done. But in the beginning, I was like "I gotta SEE this". And I was glad I did.

If this man starts vulcanizing his own rubber tires and blowing glass bulbs for the headlamps, I will feel two inches tall. This man can BUILD.

Jamestat2

Sep 25, 2014
Fort Wayne, IN
Mr. Tom TG! You have reproduced a very nice engine here! I am very excited because I just found that same book that you derived this from!

My friend and I (he owns a machine and fab shop) have been kicking around the idea of building a 1903 Indian Tribute bike. He has a few pictures on the wall of his office and that is all. He is a very anti-computer, cell phone blah blah blah person. That is why I have nominated myself as the person to research all the info we are going to need for this build!

As I mentioned. I have the book you started with. As with you; We are wanting to make the intake mechanical rather than atmospheric to increase power output.

By chance; Would you happen to have some drawings of the mods that you did to make this happen? If you do; For the sake of time in getting started on this. I would be willing to pay for a copy of them!

Please let me know either in a PM or in this thread. Thanks for your time and again; Very good work!

Tom TG

Dec 10, 2012
Oklahoma
Hi all
Thank for your posts
I do not make plan or print for these projects they are just one off a kind.
you can see how they are built by looking at my other post ( vintage v twin engine build) Tom