First Ride Today -- No speed control/Fuel leak

GoldenMotor.com

MysterySandwich

Jun 30, 2012
California
Hey thanks for the help guys! I got it all figured out, un-assembled, then re-assembled my entire throttle/carb assembly, not sure what I did differently but it's perfect now. : )

My new "RAIDER" fuel line will be here Friday, so I'll make sure my that's all nice and tight and non-leak free.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I'm glad you got it handled! (^)

Be sure to mix the gas & oil at 24:1 for the first 2 gallons, then change it to 32:1 for the rest of the bikes life. (Email me if you have any other questions). :)

MysterySandwich

Jun 30, 2012
California
. . .
So I got the fuel line today http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ZTGLFC/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

So as I was trying to connect the fuel line to the gas tank, I noticed the smell of gasoline (some was still in the tank, but the valve was off and the cap was closed). But the gas cap started leaking. It seemed to have a dent...

1.) I want to get this thing riding tomorrow, if I go to some auto shop will they have these kinds of gas caps/what do I ask for?) OR is there a temporary way for me to cover the tank until the one I order coems in the mail?

2.) Is fuel line supposed to be difficult to put on? With the stock fuel line it was really easy, but with this 3/16", it seems almost impossible. I got it on, but not exactly to my full satisfaction...

Attachments