Most reliable

GoldenMotor.com

Frogster

Jan 18, 2013
Mississauga Ontario Canada
What is the most reliable brand of motorized bicycles? Where on the internet should I go to order a good solid 66cc motor that will last me and be able to keep running.
Im all ears for any advice people may have from their experiences

.xx.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
Reliability seems to go up & down from month to month with these motors. Much of the reliability, however, depends on how it was built by the user, and how it is ridden/cared for once ready to run.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I'd like to know how the Grubee Skyhawk stacks up to the Flying Horse engine since those are the two major EPA approved kits at a sane price.

Risingsunn

Nov 24, 2012
Maricopa Arizona
I am very happy so far with my Flying Horse from BikeBerry. Though the muffler failed quickly, they replaced it with no questions. Though I don't have tons of miles on it yet (around 300 or so as of this post) I have had no major issues. I appreciate the warranty and I hope I don't have to use it again.

jji7skyline

Jan 15, 2013
Australia
These engines all seem pretty reliable, but you have to be prepared to get your hands dirty, tweaking things.

Maintenance is also important.

Risingsunn

Nov 24, 2012
Maricopa Arizona
jj, saying they are all pretty reliable is not a very accurate statement. Read around a bit and you will find some people have had 1000 miles on an engine and the next engine they buy blows up the first time it's used. Granted yes, mechanical skill is needed and learning as much as you can from these forums is a must if you want to have the best chance of KEEPING a good motor running, but its best to go with a engine and/or vendor that has a good reputation and will last more than a day or a week.

Last edited:

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
want a reliable engine? prep work, new wrist pin bearing, new crank bearings if you have a chance. and i cant stress this next part enough, do a proper break in, do not use synthetic or semi synthetic oil for break in. do not idle you motor long when breaking it in. and it is better to over oil your motor than under oil it, its easier to clean off carbon deposits than it is to clean a piston out of your muffler

locutus_1

Oct 31, 2010
california
What is the most reliable brand of motorized bicycles? Where on the internet should I go to order a good solid 66cc motor that will last me and be able to keep running.
Im all ears for any advice people may have from their experiences

.xx.
they are reliable if you treat em right..

drive like its sunday and your out for a joy ride not like every day you gun it to see how fast it can go..

they are meant to crusise around town.. not drive you to work every day..

go to china you wont see alot of them what you see are production mopeds that are designed for constant use...