Spark plug popped out while riding, now cant start

GoldenMotor.com

Bronze

Aug 12, 2012
New Brunswick
chinagirl flying horse.

I have around 600km on it, was riding great into town, 15 min ride or so, was on my way home, and the spark plug popped out, usually I check before I ride that everything is tight. I have loctite, but wasnt sure it I could use it on a spark plug, didnt seem logical to me.

The plug popped out, I stopped, put it back on, had my tools with me..

But I cant get the engine to start now..

What other problems could stem from the spark plug popping out while riding.scratg

Bronze

Aug 12, 2012
New Brunswick
I had a backup chinese plug, but yea, I would like to get a better plug, I just dont really have a way to get to the store...:/

I also noticed the boot, inside where the threaded part of the sparkplug sits in, is chipped 1/4 so it doesnt sit in firmly anymore.. will any 90 degree boot work? I seen one avail locally here but for a lawn mower, that shouldnt mater right?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Get rid of the kit supplied plastic spark plug boot (probably the weakest link in the kit) and replace it with a good automotive quality boot.
The electrical connection between the wire and that crappy cap was probably broken when the plug came out.
Tighten the plug properly, about 60 to 80 inch pounds, and it won't "pop out" again. Do NOT use Loctite on the plug threads. If anything, use an anti-seize compound. Never a thread locker.

Tom