Project super scooter

GoldenMotor.com

deepsnipe

Oct 21, 2008
earth
Hello everyone! thought I would like to introduce myself and say HI. I have made many custom minibikes and go karts over the years and thought I would share next project.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Running yet?
Lots of nice patina (rust) where are you mounting the engine?

I suggest you get a proper sized propellor from a hobby shop and make a backpack mounted air drive.

deepsnipe

Oct 21, 2008
earth
I will be mounting the motor above the back tire right behind the foot board where the breaks are. I also plan on making a new fiberglass foot board that is wider and will block the exhaust from burning my leg.

I could use some help with hooking up the chain. I was wondering how I would hook up a chain using the stock centrifugal clutch?

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You weon't hook up the chain using that sprocket. You can find a bell (outter part) of a clutch with regular teeth for a drive chain on it, or get a whole 'nother clutch. #35 chain.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Have you thought about using a roller against the tire instead of a chain? The engine will
be mounted very close to the rear tire anyway.

deepsnipe

Oct 21, 2008
earth
I would like to use chain drive. I already have a sprocket mounted on the back wheel and never really like the idea of using a roller drive.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
So where would I find a new clutch bell with the proper teeth?

Measure your shaft diameter. Check to see if it (the clutch) is secured by an allen screw or a key. Use those measurements to find on on ebay that matches the rear sprocket.....I don't know what size it is.

deepsnipe

Oct 21, 2008
earth
I cant seem to find a clutch for this size shaft. On this chainsaw the clutch screws on then the clutch bell is held on by a washer and c clip. The shaft is only 1/4" and when i search I can only come up with 3/4" or larger clutches. Does anyone know where to find a 1/4" centrifugal clutch or clutch bell?