new to the hobby and lovin it

GoldenMotor.com

mike

Oct 20, 2008
corpus christi texas
hey guys mike here in texas greetings all. lets see a friend of mine got an engine kit and everything changed from there. he put it on a beach cruiser with a little fabricating here and there it came out great. so of course i had to one up my buddy and put one a chopper style bike. after several failed attempts at mounting the engine we finally got it all worked out, the problem is this bike vibrates like a tuning fork at high rpms, to the point where the studs walk out of the block on the mount. i am rethinking my mount maybe adding some rubber around the bolts to absorb some of the vibrations. if anyone has found out any secrets to address this problem any input would be muchly apreciated. also i dont know if it has been done before but i put the sprocket with some serious fab on a pair of skyway mags instead of spoked rims it looks really good and i will upload some photos when i get a chance thanx guys and i am so glad i found a place for some help thanks again, Mike

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Welcome.

Rubber has varying effects depending on density, thickness, ect.

I use thin lead sheet on both sides of both mounts- works like magic!

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
Post a picture of how your motor is mounted. I had to extend the rear engine mount on mine to get it to fit properly and the result allowed too much vertical vibration. To correct this I fabricated a brace that extends downward from the back of the engine and it's made a world of difference.

Pictures are here.

mike

Oct 20, 2008
corpus christi texas
thanx so much fro the info and the warm welcome. I got the motor runnin fine locked up tight with rubber shims arount the motor mount bolts. vibration is much less i really believe with the smaller frame i have it will always vibrate. After cruisin around with a huge smile on my face ,stopping to check tightness every so often i ended up over tie tieing the throttle cable and the cheap platic part in the throttle handle disentigrated. minor set back but i am learning the hard way thats what a build is really all about. hmmm either going to order a new throttle handle or may fab a power boat style throttle on the frame behind the tank, kinda suicide shifter look maybe, but thats for tomorrow sleep on it i guess