clutch / gear problem

GoldenMotor.com

alvelez61

Jul 3, 2012
bronx ny
in need of advice
my bike rode pretty good for the most part, then the last ride i had was pretty good, so i squeezed the clutch to walk the bike over a small bridge, bike is still running , when i sat on the bike and started to peddle, to ride, it was like it stood in neutral, could not run bike on gear...
i removed the large cover on right side of engine, theres a large gear ( clutch i guess) and a small gear with a large screw in the middle, when i push the bike the piston does not go up and down, but when i mess with the screw in the smaller gear the piston goes up and down.... that is my issue. there was no smoke or any clangy sound, there was no warning to this, i was actually happy with the performance of the bike........... thank you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trjqlc_h70U&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by a moderator:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
This might sound like a dumb question but it has happened. You don't by any chance have the clutch lever locked in the disengage position, do you? I say this because there have been others who didn't realize what that button on the clutch lever does and found out the hard way.

Try disconnecting the clutch cable from the clutch actuator arm and see if the bike will roll or the crankshaft rotates.

Tom

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
From the video I see the crank spinning inside the pinion gear. First thing I would do is pull the pinion gear off using the tool that is provided (in some kits). Find out why the crank is spinning inside the pinion gear. There should be a key way in there with a woodruff key to keep the pinion gear from spinning on the crank shaft.