Air cleaner question

GoldenMotor.com

nastygramus

Feb 25, 2011
NE illinois
ok in a nut shell ...
66cc 2stroke no boost bottle Stock cns v3 carb(blue filter) Amzoil 40:1 interceptor oil starts GREAT runs fair/good till WOT leaves a little to be desired but not bad. Never had to touch the choke AT ALL ! Changed Air cleaner to a 90degree style now motor bogs till I open the choke full open ( better MPH) after I find the sweet spot but runs VERY doggy/boggy tried richening the carb up a little with thinking it was starving for fuel with little to no improvement. Can any body steer me in the right direction ?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If I'm understanding you correctly you're trying to get the engine to run by adjusting the choke? The choke should be wide open all the time except for initial cold starts. After the engine starts the choke should be open fully. Check to make sure your new air cleaner isn't interfering with the choke's operation. (blocking it and keeping it closed)

Tom

nastygramus

Feb 25, 2011
NE illinois
Thanks!
The engine starts idles fine its when I start to apply throttle it begins to bog when I adjust the ( Handel bar located choke) to the almost full open position is when it clears out a little and will accelerate half way decent then wants to die when I come to a stop if I don't open it back up ? carb tuning is one of my weak points to the MB world not a lot of experience with it want to avoid any extra issues in doing something in the wrong direction