All My Motors Stalled!!

GoldenMotor.com

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
The oil should be mixed with gas in a gas can, from my experience. Add the oil you need to a 1, 2, 3 gallon or whatever jug, add fuel.

Put this mixture in the fuel tank. I don't recommend filling the bike's gas tank directly at a gas station. Mix the fuel and oil in a container first.

If you want to fill up your tank directly at a gas station (and smirk at people in SUVs lol), get a 4-stroke.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
The oil should be mixed with gas in a gas can, from my experience. Add the oil you need to a 1, 2, 3 gallon or whatever jug, add fuel.

Put this mixture in the fuel tank. I don't recommend filling the bike's gas tank directly at a gas station. Mix the fuel and oil in a container first.

If you want to fill up your tank directly at a gas station (and smirk at people in SUVs lol), get a 4-stroke.
I have an ht engine and a 2 gallon plastic tank, which i only put a gallon in at a time. i take my oil with me to the gas station (which has a ratio indicator on the bottle), pull up to the pump, walk in, prepay for a gallon, back out to the pump, pour in the desired amount of oil, then pump my gas right into the tank. I rock the bike back and forth a few times to mix up the oil and gas as good as i can, and riding takes care of the rest. I have been using this method for months with no problems at all. i laugh to myself a little whenever someone pulls up behind me and has to wait for me to put gas in my bicycle, lol. ofc, this is just how i like to do it, not saying others should or shouldnt.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
I have an ht engine and a 2 gallon plastic tank, which i only put a gallon in at a time. i take my oil with me to the gas station (which has a ratio indicator on the bottle), pull up to the pump, walk in, prepay for a gallon, back out to the pump, pour in the desired amount of oil, then pump my gas right into the tank. I rock the bike back and forth a few times to mix up the oil and gas as good as i can, and riding takes care of the rest. I have been using this method for months with no problems at all. i laugh to myself a little whenever someone pulls up behind me and has to wait for me to put gas in my bicycle, lol. ofc, this is just how i like to do it, not saying others should or shouldnt.
mixing the gas in the tank was standard procedure back in the day with my '63 Allstate Puch mo-ped.
There was a small measuring cup permanantly attached to the underside of the gas cap, for just the right amount of the then recomended non detergent 30 wt motor oil.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Doesn't matter to me if one has never had problems using that method. It also doesn't matter to me that some mopeds used it as standard procedure.

I simply do not recommend it. Maybe it's just peace of mind. I just sincerely feel the mixture will be more uniform when mixed outside the tank.