New 49cc screamer for sale

GoldenMotor.com

crmachineman

May 24, 2012
New Hampshire
I know, I know. So far, no one has bought the first engine I put up there. The price might be too high, but it's as low as I can go. As I'm thinking about it, I have a ladies frame bike that I would like to build on, I might just use it myself!

locell

Jan 16, 2010
mesa
maybe if you put together a "kit" with detailed instructions and some small tools so that people could do this to their recently purchased "china girl" engines that might sell better??.we.

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
yes,a couple parts,gaskets,a carbide burr and detailed instructions.the intake is interesting.
i'm getting a new 66 cc next week,and will be checking it over thoroughly before i install.
will be repairing the 49 and and cleaning it up as well.

locell

Jan 16, 2010
mesa
yes,a couple parts,gaskets,a carbide burr and detailed instructions.the intake is interesting.
i'm getting a new 66 cc next week,and will be checking it over thoroughly before i install.
will be repairing the 49 and and cleaning it up as well.
id buy something like that for like 10 bucks, cheap insurance with a new motor.duh.

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
i dont think 10 bux would buy a burr,or pay for the time to create an instructional.
40 or 50 would be more realistic.
considering he spent the time and put a decent engine together.

locell

Jan 16, 2010
mesa
i dont think 10 bux would buy a burr,or pay for the time to create an instructional.
40 or 50 would be more realistic.
considering he spent the time and put a decent engine together.
Oh ya the engine is sweet for sure, but will it sell on ebay? IMHO it wont. Just throwing out ideas for possible items that would sucessfully sell on ebay.

A 40 or 50 dollar kit for a 150.00 motor? I dont think that would sell either. Just my 2c.bf.

locell

Jan 16, 2010
mesa
I just checked it out again, the intake is pretty nice.

I have a question about "the cheap compression ratio modification I've been running for a while now. It's just two little things that are very easy to do: 1'st, eliminate bottom cylinder gasket"

Dosent that change your timing on intake and exhaust ports?

crmachineman

May 24, 2012
New Hampshire
Well, that's all true. I know some people just like to 2 strokes because of the power to weight ratio. I took the engines off ebay because I wanted to use them for my own projects. If I decide to try to sell them on ebay again, I will try to tool up, so I can turn them around quickly. It takes me about 4 hours to rework an engine, so that's why I had to charge $295.00. I'll also look into wholesale prices if I can come up with the upfront money. That way, I won't have to spend $150.00 just to get an engine here to my shop!
-Fred

crmachineman

May 24, 2012
New Hampshire
I just checked it out again, the intake is pretty nice.

I have a question about "the cheap compression ratio modification I've been running for a while now. It's just two little things that are very easy to do: 1'st, eliminate bottom cylinder gasket"

Dosent that change your timing on intake and exhaust ports?
Yes, it must change it a little, but I guess the amount of influence the modification has on that is negligible compared to the difference it makes upon the compression ratio.
-Fred

crmachineman

May 24, 2012
New Hampshire
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention something about that little compression increase mod.
Look into getting some anaerobic gasket maker. It's the best, and I wouldn't use anything but the best, because any leak would be pretty bad. I don't care much for RTV silicone gasket maker in this application, because the material does not hold up to gasoline very well.
-FRED