Need help from someone near Philly!!!

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I was thinking about a sidecar for my 1934 Elgin which I'll be putting on the road this summer and I awakened in the middle of the night a few days ago with a clear picture in my head of what I wanted. I had seen sometime or other an old Harley, I think it was, with a buggy type canopy on the sidecar. Pretty cool. Then it dawned on me that I might be able to use a baby carriage for a small sidecar body.

Got up to take a look on ebay and found the one in the picture on. Perfect... will look like a sidecar and is all metal construction in very good condition. Local pick up only and the lady can't hold it for me until October when I'll be back in Maryland and could go get it.

So I'm asking if there's anyone in range of Woodlyn, Pennsylvania (south of Philly and not too far off Interstate 95)? I need to have it picked up before the lady moves (June) and either ship it to me in Minnesota or hold it for me until October. I know, this is nuts and a lot to ask. I'd make it up to you somehow with a vintage bike frame or something or other... like money.I'll reupholster your old seat.

I don't need the handle or wheels.
In the photos I've shown a blue 1939 Elgin with a sidecar made from a bike trailer which along with the bike burned up in a truck fire two years ago. The black bike is a 1934 Elgin 4 Star with Tomos fork, PK-80 engine and SBP pipe and shift kit. I would repaint the bike to match the sidecar body.

I still have the sidecar frame and mounting assembly I designed for the sidecar that burned and can reuse it with the baby carriage (or weld up a new one). The front end of the sidecar rolls down for a little person to sit in and that part becomes a foot rest. It can also roll up and closes off the carriage so an infant or a dog like Aaniimoosh the Wonder Dog doesn't fall out. Canopy folds back. How cool is this?

Take pity on a little dog in need of a cool sidecar and on an old man who is bonkers. I can see these two together... canopied sidecar and 34 Elgin Velocipede, can't you? Be part of an adventure! Join in this madness! If you are three feet tall or under I'll let you ride in it! Contribute to the delinquency of an elder!

Auction ends tomorrow night, so I need to know soon whether or not to place a winning bid!!! Urgent!
SB

Attachments

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Fagitabowdit,
The lady pulled the plug on the auction last night, I imagine because there had been no bids on it and if let go to the end some old fart like me could buy it for $25.00.

I'll find another and keep watching. Nobody seems interested in this all metal one that is kind of streamlined with an old timey looking canopy and has a "sidecar" look about it. Big money like up to and beyond a thousand bucks for a wicker one that would make a lousy sidecar. Go figure. Ha! I'll find my baby her buggy.
SB