How does my plug look please?

GoldenMotor.com

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Hey f,

IMO your air cleaner is not effective and your choice of oil is leaving far too much deposit behind... By it's composition, or by too heavy a mix.
But you didn't mention how many miles were on that plug...

and I'd be sure to get a second opinion. :)

I've been advised that even the best 'plug readers' require a new plug, run on only one short run, at full operating temp, with a quick throttle chop.
Less confusion, that way.

Best
rc

fugit

Mar 5, 2012
Oregon
Well thanks guys :)

Goes to show how a little thought and a lot of reading up on a project can help! Being my second build I feel excited to have her pegged like that.

What a great forum this is!

fugit

Mar 5, 2012
Oregon
OK so I tuned up the bike some more and added custom gaskets tweaked a bit here and there and removed the plug after several miles and this is what it looks like. I am using seafoam in the engine and I used 60ml to 2.5 gallon gas. Does the seafoam make a difference on how the plug looks anyone? I am also using 60 ml saber amsoil to 1 gallon gas (non ethenol). SO thats at 63:1

I think the plug looks better then the original pictures posted above before tweaking/tuning everything. Do you agree?

Attachments

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Looks like it came out of a four stroke!

I can comment on the 63:1 sabre mix, I've never used it or any oil at that ratio.

I am sure someone else with more experience will chime in shortly.

fugit

Mar 5, 2012
Oregon
Well crap I thought Imatched the spark plug color chart under the best perfect :(

Ok so Ill bump the c-clip on carb towards the bottom (pointy end) one. It is second from bottom Ill go to bottom location.

SO i guess ill go to 50:1 I mixed up the saber amsoil with the other one run a tank and check again.

Better on the richer side then the leaner side i suppose :)

Last edited:

fugit

Mar 5, 2012
Oregon
ran crappy with c clip on bottom so ill just use 50:1 check it is after several miles and adjust accordingly to just darken her up a bit.

Unless someone wants to add some input.