Ho-Lee-Cow...

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Mrs. Joe and I were going around trying to donate a pick-up truck load of food to a church or three today.

Well, we found out an amazing (to me) thing- NONE of the churches had open doors! Not one of the several many we stopped at were open. I tried to call several, no answer. None that had answering machines returned my calls.

We ended up dropping it all off at one church where it looked like they would find it in the morning. Wasn't really worried about anyone stealing it all, but I just thought it odd that there were no churches "available".

Comments?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Maybe churches are like everything else today; you have to email them.

My wife was baking a cake today and the box gave a website to check for high altitude instructions. They couldn't print them on the box, you have to have a computer and Internet access to bake a cake. How stupid!
Tom

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Maybe churches are like everything else today; you have to email them.

My wife was baking a cake today and the box gave a website to check for high altitude instructions. They couldn't print them on the box, you have to have a computer and Internet access to bake a cake. How stupid!
Tom
Cook books give high altitude instructions. They preceded the packaged cake mix and internet.

Thats too bad the world has come to this . Even churches need locks and even security systems on them.
Nothing is sacred anymore.

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I think they lock up to prevent crime too. It's no longer like the old movies, where you can walk into the sanctuary and pray at most any time.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Yeah, guess I am stuck in 1976. :)

I really WAS thinking we could just go into a church and leave all the stuff there...

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
You guys are GREAT.

Politics AND religion!

Yes.
I think the doors to God's church should be open at all times.

If there are social problems, seems to me there is even MORE of a need.

...guess I'm dumb as a fencepost, but I can usually hold up a single strand of wire.
rc

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Joe, I'm finding it's a new world and that is not a good thing. Them as can do and the rest steal and churches are not sacred anymore.

Steve.
Yes, it's a new world WITH good AND bad things. Many opportunities to take advantage of, like forums and websites, ebay, eharmony and match.com.

Yes, churches are no longer off limits to bad guys, as are mailboxes and women's restrooms.

We must secure and protect what is important to us.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
When I still lived in Mansfield Ohio, I used to volunteer to do security and watch the parking lot during Christmas Eve and other evening services. We were starting to have auto thefts and break-ins during those times. My own mother's car was broken into.
Only once while I was out there, standing near a dark buttress to be out of the cold wind, did I see some guy peeking into our cars. So I said "If you're looking for God, you may find him in there [pointed to the church door]. If you're looking for something else, you better find God first." He didn't say anything, just left.
Our church took to locking doors all the time too. And that's little, ol' Mansfield Ohio!