THATSDAX Schwinn for Sale - SF Bay Area - $275

GoldenMotor.com

adaxforsale

Mar 17, 2012
San Carlos, CA
Motorized Schwinn mountain bike with a high quality THATSDAX 2 stroke engine. Less than 100 miles
since this was built and the parts alone were at least $300 without the bicycle. Anything on the bike that
needed replacing was replaced and this moves right along. Engine is a 49cc and this has a CA DMV
moped license plate and registration (one time fee only and it's already been paid). You can be legal and
have a motorized bicycle - don't believe all the ads that suggest this doesn't need to be registered as a
moped. It's a hassle, but that's been taken care of already. Great gas mileage, great condition, and I'm only
trying to recover some of my costs on parts as I've moved onto other hobbies. With gas at $4.50/gallon
this will get you where you want to go at a bargain price. I will not sell to minors - purchaser must be at
least 18 years old. Cash only. Please respond by email or private message if interested.

Attachments

adaxforsale

Mar 17, 2012
San Carlos, CA
Given the number of questions being asked, I thought I would address a few of them in an update to the posting:

a) was this professionally built - no, but I'm a capable home mechanic and after a couple of emails at the time I was building it with Thatsdax everything has been running great. There is plenty of data on the web to help solve almost any problem

b) how many miles on the engine - I would estimate less than 30 minutes of riding time since new - probably about 15 or 20 miles at the most. I enjoyed the build process but moved onto motorcycles before riding it too much.

c) will you deliver - yes, but at this price I will need to limit it to 25 miles unless I happen to be traveling to your area. Just let me know in the private message where you are and we can work on this.

d) does the DMV registration as a moped transfer - yes, it looks like the fee to transfer title is $18.00 and I have the form. This is a one time fee. The plate does not change and there are no annual fees.

e) how many MPG does this get? I'm not really sure as it has so few miles. Most of the websites suggest 80 mpg or thereabouts, but I haven't measured it.

Thanks for the interest.

adaxforsale

Mar 17, 2012
San Carlos, CA
I've had the normal craigslist traffic on this (ie. lots of emails, but not many real buyers). Is this priced correctly? I see kits selling for more than I'm asking for this completed setup. And, I can be patient.

mrleo

Aug 16, 2011
cal.
My advice it to remove it relist it for 500.00. Tell theam you will give theam a good deal for 450.00 sold. Too cheap learned on ebay.
Leo