JR 50 Suzuki Tank For Sale

GoldenMotor.com

Ratchetbirds

Jun 12, 2011
Eastern Wash.
Heya,
Purchased this tank on Ebay for $35.00 and found out later that it is too long to use on my old MTB frame. Would be perfect for a cruiser and looks awesome on them. I stripped the paint and began smoothing the outside with some glazing putty. No major dents, just some very small ones (see photo). The inside of the tank has surface rust and needs to be Kreem'd. There is no rust through anywhere. This tank is VERY solid. I tapped the outlet for 1/8" pipe threads. I just want my money back, $35.00. Buyer is responsible for usps shipping fee. I would prefer Paypal but money orders work also. If you wish to calculate shipping I am at zip code 99001 and the package will weigh very close to 6 pounds.

Attachments

Ratchetbirds

Jun 12, 2011
Eastern Wash.
OAL is 14 3/4" long. Width is 5". Height is 6". The front mounts will mount it lower than the 6" overall height. There are several bikes here on this forum site with this tank on them. They look awesome. Look for the thread "Marvin Martian's Mad wagon" by Marvin Martian, and in thread "old jag new tricks" by skjjoe. I saw these threads and bought the tank because it fits so well, on a longer framed bike, like a cruiser. Not on a stubby Huffy MTB like mine. I shoulda thought before I bought.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Those little tanks are perfect for a MB. I just sold the bike I had this tank on. The tank was a freebie from a friend/member, Scott. (skjjoe)

That wide rear mount needs to be cut down so it fits the top bar better but other than that they need little work to mount. There are two half-round mounts in the front that make it easy to fabricate a saddle and you can use rubber in them like it was originally mounted.

Good luck and if it doesn't sell in a week or so let me know.

Tom

Attachments

Last edited:

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I'll take it.

Shipping to 95376 looks like $15.73.

I'll offer $55 to comp you some for packing it up.

PM me your info and I'll paypal you.