Anybody tried a Street legal Pocket Bike?

GoldenMotor.com

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Im trying to sell my sv650 non CL and I actually had a guy call me wanting to trade that bike, the phoenix r2.

They are chinese with the honda clone motor. They are a smaller scale of other super liter bikes. Dont know of I want the CL deal. I read you will need to replace alot of cheap chinese parts, but hey Ive never even seen on in person.

Honestly if you are a 200lb or + guy you might not want this thing on highways.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I'm in Kalifornia.

Maybe 5 or 6 years ago the craze hit, here, and there were a bunch of 'em tooling around town, but it didn't last long.
The constabulary picked up on it and then there were no more visible...
except for a kid here and there going ****-bent-for-leather along a back street, wearing skater shoes, baggies, and a hoodie. lol
Enforcement just won't accept them here.
Mopeds are beginning to crop up more often, though.
Some with the license plate, some not.
Some riders wear dot helmets and all the garb, others, not.
There's maybe 1/2 dozen mabs around town. Only seen the riders a few times and didn't get the chance to speak with them.

If I have an encounter of the taxable kind, I'll rely upon my pedal power and under 30mph top speed, and of course, darn near nothing horsepower, when I get into court to fight it.

That link you posted sure is a fancy looking little critter!
...might as well buy a smaller, full-sized motorcycle!
Same thing I thought when I looked at a Sachs Madass.

If I were to go with a real moped, I think I'd buy a Tomos.
There's a bunch around here, support, and they've been building them for a long time.

Best
rc

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The specs on the RS-25 are similar to the madass 125. except the madass is about 30 lbs lighter. The madass is probably well worth the extra money.

SdCruizer

Feb 15, 2012
San Deigo
Ive rode with in Ca either the 250 or 125 version
they were pretty large not sure the size on the super pocket bikes but they were really cool
along with a super motard type too

I found a pic, guess its larger then I remembered but still not the size of a real sportbike

Last edited: