Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
buba here

i need a welding fiend or fiends to jump in on my 12 unique builds
someone censored my past posts !!!

40 mile radius of los angeles

shop referal welcome hardcore only no sissies
720 220 2775
I think your original post got moved to the shop and swap section because its more like a want ad. Anyway, sorry I can't help out with welder recommendation. I know that Jeff (Culver City Classics) is a top notch welder, but I do not know about his time schedule and ability to work on twelve different projects.

I have used the welders at Hollywood Welding for other non-bike projects and they are highly talented, but they are expensive as heck, in my mind. Here is the link if you want Hollywood Welding

Gilbert

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
buba here

thanks grebes

ccc is only concerned with his own projects

my posts keep being deleted(censored) so ill use other resources

ride safe if you are riding again ?????
buba 720 220 2775

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
bubba,
As a guy who has posted some things that had every right to be censored and weren't I would say that a request like yours was far from censored but moved to where you would get more coverage.
You will never find a group with moderators and an administrator more liberal than here.

My suggestion would be that you get on the phone and call different welders in your area and ask what they want to do your projects and if they will. Just be prepared for rates up to $100+ an hour. This is what they have to charge to keep the doors open. If you want a high end, professional job you are very unlkely to get it in a garage in a back alley. If you do, please post their address and phone number here.

Steve.

Last edited:

foundmydog

Oct 17, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Out here on the east coast...

pretty much the same story with pricing... my welding skills are lackluster at best and any local shop here in South Carolina wants between $60 to $100 an hour NOT including consumables cost for welding with most shops charging minimum 1 hour labor time

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
buba here
hi bigblue

i have a slew of unique projects some in steel some in aluminum and some in stainless with brass aned copper details
given the response to my multi thread attempt !!!! thanks fasteddy for the heads up!!!
i am going to probably search out a used mig or tig welder and diy and hopefully wont burn down my neighborhood!!!!
but if you want to participate immediately please give me a call maybe m&m will do likewise
i am centrally located in la

thanks buba 720 220 2775 leaae your number if i do not answer

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Sorry Bubba,

don't live 40 miles from L.A. :) I was asking about the build to see if all 12 were the same, but since they're different, I don't have some one to recommend. The person I was going to recommend would want them to be all the same. He'd be **** of expensive to have 12 different projects.

Sounds like DIY may be the best option.

Good Luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Buba,
That's why so many people here learned to do it themselves. We all have dreams but no one to help make them real. Unless of course you have a pail full of cash then the line up will be at your door. Check at different colleges or welding schools in your area to see who is giving weekend welding courses. Cuts out a lot of the learning curve and has you putting quality welds a lot quicker.

And your welcome. You are on the right forum. We're glad your here.

Steve.

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
buba here
thanks all
no big bucket of cash to alllocate to this activity
just a ****load of scrap yard scavenging and i think a some ideas ?????
i am not inclined to spend $1000 to $2000 for a motorcycle!!!! build and very much appreciate those who take what they have found -use and modify to end up with something that goes down the road fast or slow!!!
bringing ideas to fruition is of course the challenge we will see what happens
thanks all who have input
buba 720 220 2775

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
buba here

ccc is only concerned with his own projects
I think it shows incredibly bad taste for you to post here bashing Jeff (or anyone else for that matter) for not wanting to spend all of his weekends welding on your projects for only a six pack of beer! (Which is literally what you told us you wanted to pay us for our welding services)! :rolleyes:

You might want to let the people here know that this is how you plan to pay them too.

foundmydog

Oct 17, 2011
South Carolina, USA
I think it shows incredibly bad taste for you to post here bashing Jeff (or anyone else for that matter)

Never met Jeff in person but with many PM's back and fourth and with him building me a frame and tank... he is one of the nicest and most trustworthy gentlemen I may know.

To bash him or anyone else is not fair at all!

If you want the work done, you got to pay the price to have the work done!

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
buba here

such ill founded supersensitivity to set the record straight

hay venice and anyone concerned jeff said specifically to me and i quote
"i am not comfortable being responsible for other peoples projects"

as regards beer or any other form of compensation it never got that far

not interested is not interested!!!!!