help me get back on the road.!

GoldenMotor.com

DawgBarber

Dec 16, 2011
Compton CA.
Here the run down what I did:
Stripped the threads on the muffler studs so I changed the cylinder head,
Added the sick bike parts muffler..looks good too.
Ran it for about ten min. Put on my patio. Left to party. Started raining ...I forgot the bike was outside...had trouble starting it. Started for about a min. The puttered to a stop. Then it seems like I have no spark. Change the spark plug ..emptied the bowl in the carb. Checked the new spark plug. Looks dry. So I dumped a ..lil gas in the cylinder .. and no spark. Still.pulled the spark plug wire held it the engine and the engine wanted to start...what do I buy or change to get me on the road:-||

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
If blowdryer doesn't fix it, the trouble might be the CDI. A fellow HI member got his CDI wet, and it crapped out. So he builty a more dependable one from a motorcycle CDI.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
If blowdryer doesn't fix it, the trouble might be the CDI. A fellow HI member got his CDI wet, and it crapped out. So he builty a more dependable one from a motorcycle CDI.
I sealed mine up with shoe goo before I started it just in case...I've heard these china mags are fragile so I figured better safe than sorry.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
If it is in fact the magneto coil and it got wet you may have a problem that it is shorted. If you get lucky that it isn't shorted you can place it in a oven (about 200 deg) and cook it for awhile, hoping that any moisture will evaporate. When installing the cover a small bead of RTV on or in place or the gasket will help. If doing this moisture is spotted a small weep hole in the bottom of the cover will help.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
If it is in fact the magneto coil and it got wet you may have a problem that it is shorted. If you get lucky that it isn't shorted you can place it in a oven (about 200 deg) and cook it for awhile, hoping that any moisture will evaporate. When installing the cover a small bead of RTV on or in place or the gasket will help. If doing this moisture is spotted a small weep hole in the bottom of the cover will help.[/QUOTE] A hair drier might help but I find it's pretty much useless unless you hold it there for some time. ME??? I'll go with the oven.