Can you help me with Youtube?

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
After watching a video posted by etard on the Willow Springs race, I tried to log into Youtube in order to comment on it.
I used my Youtube name and password, and it denied me. I tried 2 more times then I clicked on the forgot password help link.
I went to my email account and read the help email that Youtube sent me.
Youtube said that my account was through Google and that I needed to use my Google account password.
I never have had a Google account.
I hate Google and avoid using them like they are the plague.
If I need to do a web search, I use Yahoo instead.

My original Youtube account was through Youtube directly, before 2009, and before they got all cozy with Google.
While I admit it has been a very long time since I logged into Youtube, I know that my account is still valid as I regularly receive notification emails from them whenever someone whom I have subscribed to has posted a new video.

Is anyone here familiar with all this nonsense?

Please help!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yeah I've had a similar prob as well. It wants me to verify my account and update it but it won't let me because of password I use with another newer You Tube account. I just sign in now and my password is on auto, it tells me to verify and update my account, so I hit my back button and I'm logged in and can do whatever from there. Weird.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Thank you both for your insight!
I will have nothing to do with Google.
I will let my Youtube account die off if that's what will happen if I never log in again.
It's their KoolAid that they mixed together, they can drink it.....