Internet access in the shop/garage

GoldenMotor.com

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Just got my email conformation; at&t dsl high speed 6.0 $24.99 per mo with 12 mo contract.

Better than paying at&t the $80.+ per mo and phone land line not usable.

Now i was going to order majic jack, but the reviews are teribile!

MAJIC JACK WOULD SAVE ME SOME MAB MONEY!! HE HE

Mr confused!!

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
TO WHOM THAT MAY BE CONCERNED

DAN IS OK IN MY BOOK, I DON`T CARE WHAT HIS WIFE AND NABORS SAY!! HA HA

WENT ON U TUBE FOR MAJIC JACK REVIEWS, THE BAD ONES WERE FROM 2008. I TYPED IN 2011 MAJIC JACK AND GOT FRESH ONE`S FOR 2011. JUST CHECKED THE FIRST, WORKED GOOD.

WILL CHECK MORE LATER. I THINK THE NEW = BETTER PC`s MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE.

ALSO IT LOOKED LIKE ONE WAS HOOKED TO A SMARTPHONE OR TABLET OR WHAT. THE OTHER ONE WAS HOOKED TO A LAPTOP, BUT DON`T KNOW HOW IT WAS CONNECTED TO THE ISP.

RON

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
WENT ON U TUBE FOR MAJIC JACK REVIEWS, THE BAD ONES WERE FROM 2008. I TYPED IN 2011 MAJIC JACK AND GOT FRESH ONE`S FOR 2011. JUST CHECKED THE FIRST, WORKED GOOD.

WILL CHECK MORE LATER. I THINK THE NEW = BETTER PC`s MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE.

ALSO IT LOOKED LIKE ONE WAS HOOKED TO A SMARTPHONE OR TABLET OR WHAT. THE OTHER ONE WAS HOOKED TO A LAPTOP, BUT DON`T KNOW HOW IT WAS CONNECTED TO THE ISP.

RON
Wow Ron. That is good news. Gonna look into it again. Thanks Buddy.

(ya crazy ol' coot, fish monger %@%*&^^) snork

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Personally I like to use pay phones and an old 70s vintage phone handset cradle to connect to the Internet. You have to make sure there's no loud traffic noises that really screw up the connection and it's a might slow but there's something neat about standing there in that little glass booth with your PC with an extension cord running along the ground to the gas station and cars running over it.
Guess I'd better look into joining the 21st century...some day.
Tom

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Personally I like to use pay phones and an old 70s vintage phone handset cradle to connect to the Internet. You have to make sure there's no loud traffic noises that really screw up the connection and it's a might slow but there's something neat about standing there in that little glass booth with your PC with an extension cord running along the ground to the gas station and cars running over it.
Guess I'd better look into joining the 21st century...some day.
Tom
Man Tom! Having the worlds biggest reference library (internet) right next to your tools! is purty awesome.

For the first time and I mean 1st time, Carol said she was into the retirement plan of house boat (Dutch sailing barge) I have been looking for a "Phone-booth" Seems so odd some thing like that could be an antech already. (I wanna put on board as an actual phone booth for ,,, well a phone booth)

Ya got me thinking about actual rotary dialing. (LOL, no one under 30 is gonna know what that is. Kids, is old American English and where the ancient word "dial-up" is semi derived from. At one time, you connected to the internet threw the phone. As it connected, your external modem actually dialed a number. It took for ever even though way back then, it was only 7 digits and made a screeching sound)

dang, now I feel old and tired. #^%@ kids.

YouTube - ‪One RingyDingy‬‏

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Dan

In wis I was banned from phone booths`s for life!! And I don`t know why !!! Ha ha will your booth be wifi or true wireless ? On a house boat, rite??

I did not know that you and tom are phone booth affectionado`s like me !! He he.

PS; YOUR ASKED ; YOUR POINT! YOU REFERRED TO ME AS AN OLE COOT ETC, I SAID; I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK!!

RON

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL Ron. Gotta ask, how exactly does one get banned from phone booths?

Doing impressions of Superman?

(Found these. phone booth | eBay Way more $ then I thought they were gonna be. Might be making one)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Got new phones that are internet capable. Connect at home threw the router. Internet seems a wee bit faster then when away from home. Just kinda amazing.

Went with Virgin Mobile. $25 bucks a month. Unlimited data/text and 300 talk mins. Phones were $180. (bought @ RaidoShack. they had one for $99) Just learning em and am not sure yet that I would suggest them or the service. But hope to like it. LOL, @$25 a month, gonna try real hard.

Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Dan

Discussed your phone boothe desire`s with my chief engineer !! He suggests buying 4 used aluminum storm doors of what ever width you prefer= 32 to 36 inch wide. Maybe on Craigs List etc. Use plywood for top and bottom.

That Chinese Pagota top on ebay would make a nice top. they do not give any measurements. Carrol could design a nice top.

Ron

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Dan

Discussed your phone boothe desire`s with my chief engineer !! He suggests buying 4 used aluminum storm doors of what ever width you prefer= 32 to 36 inch wide. Maybe on Craigs List etc. Use plywood for top and bottom.

That Chinese Pagota top on ebay would make a nice top. they do not give any measurements. Carrol could design a nice top.

Ron
That is a really great idea Ron! Thanx