Dax GTR 50 Fastest?

GoldenMotor.com

jtgolden

May 31, 2011
United States
I am wanting the most powerful and fastest engine that I can buy for around 200. The dax looks like a really good motor, but is the grubee GT5 super rat a better buy. And does the dax come with the whole kit and oversized tube mount. Thanks.

moonshiner

Apr 23, 2011
tennessee
Daxs motor is a clutch mount , usually on the rear , but i guess you could buy a scooter tranny , make a mount ,and mount it anywhere you like ???

Tohri

Aug 28, 2010
People's Republik of Massachusetts
No, the Dax motor is a pocket bike motor, you really need to do rather alot to make them work on a mtorbicycle. Trust me, I did it. wouldn't reccomend it.

Pick up a grubee skyhawk 66 2009 edition, and tune it. More than enough power potential in one of those motors.

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID
The dax g550r is fast for sure, I have one and it does 45mph ( police radar tested) all day long, but the 174 price is motor only, you will also need the rear mount kit. dont go with the super rat, 2 out of the 20 plus motors I have owned have been super rats. they where by far the worst running motors I have ever owned.

Tohri

Aug 28, 2010
People's Republik of Massachusetts
One additional piece of info is that pocket bike CVTs work with this motor, rather well I might add.

I may end up selling the motor/CVT combo I have, but i needs some attention paid, the boost ports cut into the cylinder wall had no chamfer on them, and it scored up a section of the piston a litle. Neds remediation.

jtgolden

May 31, 2011
United States
The dax g550r is fast for sure, I have one and it does 45mph ( police radar tested) all day long, but the 174 price is motor only, you will also need the rear mount kit. dont go with the super rat, 2 out of the 20 plus motors I have owned have been super rats. they where by far the worst running motors I have ever owned.
What has been your favorite motor? Right now I am torn between the starfire gt2 and the boygofast... But if you have any other suggestions I would appreciate it greatly!

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID
well, if we are talking about china girl motors, RAW is hands down my favorite. they just seem better made and have more power, I have never had an issue with raw motors, my least favorite is anything that grubee makes, grubee motors are junk, plain and simple, id take a bgf kit over any grubee anyday. However, when im just riding, not trying to do any promoting of my business, just going out to ride, ill take my rack mounted robin subaru eho35 anyday, that motor is bullet proof and will run forever.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
well, if we are talking about china girl motors, RAW is hands down my favorite. they just seem better made and have more power, I have never had an issue with raw motors, my least favorite is anything that grubee makes, grubee motors are junk, plain and simple, id take a bgf kit over any grubee anyday. However, when im just riding, not trying to do any promoting of my business, just going out to ride, ill take my rack mounted robin subaru eho35 anyday, that motor is bullet proof and will run forever.
I agree 100% with your comment about Grubby Grubee (feh). I don't know what it is about those kits that seems to impress so many people.

merchant810

Jun 13, 2011
United States
Ya where were you guys when i ordered my grubee, lol. i made an awesome occ chopper, its my first build so i went with the most "mainstream" motor and got pooped on. The carb is impossible to figure out, i cant touch the choke without it dying, once it gets going a lil bit the motor revs out of control and vibrates insanely like its freespinning. My friend has a bgf and runs circles around me. Maybe if i can figure out the carb it would be better but its not responsive at all. Oh ya and the clutch was stuck for a week when i got it and there is no customer service or "warranty " as i was promised.

jtgolden

May 31, 2011
United States
Ya where were you guys when i ordered my grubee, lol. i made an awesome occ chopper, its my first build so i went with the most "mainstream" motor and got pooped on. The carb is impossible to figure out, i cant touch the choke without it dying, once it gets going a lil bit the motor revs out of control and vibrates insanely like its freespinning. My friend has a bgf and runs circles around me. Maybe if i can figure out the carb it would be better but its not responsive at all. Oh ya and the clutch was stuck for a week when i got it and there is no customer service or "warranty " as i was promised.
http://motorbicycling.com/f34/omg-i-have-tune-cns-help-30169-4.html
Here is the answer to your prayers right here. Click on the link above and go to the 4th page of the forum and about half way down he will explain exactly how to tune that carb and get it running better than the NT. Hope this helps!

merchant810

Jun 13, 2011
United States
yes i came across that thread yesterday and it is the very answer to my prayers. Im doing as he says and i will be able to share if it is a true fix as i believe it is.

jtgolden

May 31, 2011
United States
yes i came across that thread yesterday and it is the very answer to my prayers. Im doing as he says and i will be able to share if it is a true fix as i believe it is.
Yes please let me know how this goes just ordered my grubee with the cns i plan to do this so fill me in please and good luck!

Ballin on a Budget

May 26, 2011
Vernon, British Columbia
One thing you'll notice when researching a kit, is that there is no one single definate answer to which kit is best (among mainstream chinese kits). Everyone has their own opinion on them and quite honestly you could by 3 of the exact same kits from the same supplier, and chances are they will each perform slightly differently. One thing about the chinese engines which I doubt anyone will contest, is that they are not high quality engines with stringent quality control during manafacturing. I ordered a kit from T4B Motorsports here in Canada, and I am extremely satisfied with the overall quality and completeness of the kit. Its essentially the same kit as the BGF kits. Did I just luck out? Maybe so, but from the feedback on the seller, seems that customers were quite satisfied as well. I dont see a difference between my "no-Name" kit and a Grubee besides a name and some hype so dont let a name brand influence your decision. Look at what each kit offers and decide based on your personal needs and goals for your bike.
-Dan

joeltrain

Jul 4, 2011
Douglasville GA
I agree the Grubee's are junk. You can break them with your fingers! and they don't ever run well. I am looking for a new motor. The only place i can find a RAW is gb.net and they are discontinued. Anyone know where to buy?

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
I agree that grubby Grubee (feh) is garbage, this is clearly demonstrated by the various threads and posts in this forum, yet there seems to be some sort of fascination/fetishism with these things, with people time and time again buying them, and then posting their woes with the kit here in this forum.

donutguy

Feb 4, 2010
PA
I have a Dax GTR 50 and it runs very well. One of the head studs pulled out, but they are repairing that as we speak. The motor has a very wide powerband and one my bike....I'm guessing it will top 40 mph once it's fully broken in. I've had it up to 30 and had *plenty* off throttle left- I am taking it easy on the motor as it's brand new.