HF 79cc on sale $64 after coupon

GoldenMotor.com

old_

Apr 9, 2011
ne
guys as you probably know by now harbor freight is bringing in a new line of engines. right now they are selling off their stock of greyhounds cheap! they are on sale right now for $80 both online and in store (if they are not on sale in your store just print off the online page and the store will usually match it).

If you want to pick one up in store print out the attached coupon for 20% off

If you want to order online go here
2-1/2 HP Horizontal OHV Gas Engine

add the item to the cart, then on the next page put the code 20TOOL in the coupon code box. this will take 20% off.
If you order online you will have to pay shipping (about $10)

cool!

Attachments

Last edited:

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I got an e-mail from them that said they were on sale at that price too..but if you click the link it goes to on sale 119.00, Im sure if you called them they would honor the sale on the sale price.

KevXR

Nov 18, 2010
Nor Cal
Has anyone mounted the 79cc HF motor in a DAX or other Friction drive system?
Is it too heavy?

I've been trying to do Boolean searches on this website, but no combination seems to work. I get hundreds of posts returned.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Has anyone mounted the 79cc HF motor in a DAX or other Friction drive system?
Is it too heavy?

I've been trying to do Boolean searches on this website, but no combination seems to work. I get hundreds of posts returned.
Maybe you're overstating the keywords. But these motors do work fine in rack-mount drives like that. Don't overthink anything, they are simple!

can these engines be used in-frame like a bolt on two stroke kit?
Sure, examples abound with searching. From what I've read, they fit really well in the standard Schwinn "'55 Cantilever" design for example. The motor itself is long and wide (~12" long and very wide depending on clutch location) but it's not very tall and easy to mount above crank circle on many frames. With extras stripped off it's much heavier than 2-stroke, but it's solid and dependable, with enough torque to pull off the line easily.