gas leaking from carb

GoldenMotor.com

Zearobiker

Jul 11, 2015
reading pa
I have a china girl that ben runing good with help from everyone hear now i have some gas coming from carb after i ride it frame get wet with a thin coat of gas and oil than after i stop turn gas off till it runs out set about 10 min there a 2 inch circle of gas mix on floor dont know why this started

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You probably have some crud in the carb float seat, causing the overflow.
Sometimes the petcock does shut off completely, and the combination of the two can leave a puddle.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Another good argument for installing an in-line fuel filter between the tank and carburetor. Clean fuel won't clog the float needle valve. All kit tanks come with crud that needs to be filtered out even if the tank is cleaned well before installation.

The above advice will probably fix your problem unless it is being caused by a leaking float bowl gasket. If the bowl has been removed for any reason you should check that the float hinge pin was reinstalled correctly. If not it can extend into the gasket area and allow a gap that will cause a fuel leak.

Let us know what you find.

Tom

Zearobiker

Jul 11, 2015
reading pa
Took carb apart cleaned it and put all new gadgets on it cleaned it all up took it out for a short ride 20 miles later found my home ran great good power no 4 stroking but the frame behind carb was wet where air go in carb with gas oil mix it a full stock motor and carb have the motor for 1year this is the first time it got wet there on fram brnot

Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
Your float might not be working properly, mine was initially installed upside-down, causing it to leak. Worth checking. And if that doesn't work, try bending the little tines that the float touches so that they're down a little more.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Your float might not be working properly, mine was initially installed upside-down, causing it to leak. Worth checking. And if that doesn't work, try bending the little tines that the float touches so that they're down a little more.
Not saying you're wrong here but the float is just a plastic donut. How could it be installed "upside down"? They'll work either direction they're installed.

As far as fuel/oil coming from the intake side of the carburetor; it is a piston ported 2 stroke engine. It is normal and common for them to have some blow-back through the carburetor. It isn't something to be concerned with. It's the nature of the beast.
Tom

Last edited:

Zearobiker

Jul 11, 2015
reading pa
Ok thanks for the help going to pull float out and put in a cup of gas to see if it floats deeper one way or another but i never heard of that befor

Zearobiker

Jul 11, 2015
reading pa
Ok does not matter witch way i put float it floaded the same . i have a new air filter put it on and now motor lost power old filter broke from winter riding new one is stock china girl round black one

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You must have a knick in the float valve seat, or on the tip of the float valve (needle) where the fuel comes into the float bowl.
Or a really bad gasket.

zearobikers

Feb 23, 2015
reading pa
Sorry for what i said about flote flooting they same both way you right iam rong will say this after the pm that some one else sent me iam think about never coming ba k to this sight again look like there some people can not keep there comments to them self and try to start trouble this was the 3 time it happened and the last

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Sorry for what i said about flote flooting they same both way you right iam rong will say this after the pm that some one else sent me iam think about never coming ba k to this sight again look like there some people can not keep there comments to them self and try to start trouble this was the 3 time it happened and the last
Don't know who you are but if you're using different usernames you're in violation of forum rules. The original posts from a member having a similar username, Zearobiker, singular, doesn't sound like you. He can spell.

If you have recieved negative PMs you should report them to the staff and we'll take action, if needed. Since you only have one post I doubt you've recieved any private messages from other members. I'll do a search on your IP address and see if we've heard from you before.

Tom

Last edited: