49cc carb solution... 2-stroke carb!

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I've had trouble with a few 49cc 4-stroke carbs, & for the life of me, all the cleaning & re-adjusting in the world just wouldn't fix them; so I found a solution... I made a steel manifold that bolts a 2-stroke 'HT' carb onto the engine!!

I had to jet the carb two sizes bigger to get it to work right, but the engine seems to like it! (^) (I still want to play around with other jet sizes & needle settings).

Here's some pix...

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Good idea, in the second picture it looks like it belongs on it. Sometimes when someone adapts parts it looks cluttered.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Norm,
I just ran across this thread and thought I'd bump it. I no longer have an HS engine, but did swap out an NT speed carb for the stock one on my 99cc predator with very good results. It really helped to wake up the engine with very quick throttle response. The little HS could use all the help it can get. I'd encourage people to give it a try.
SB

heliobikes

Vendor/Dealer
Oct 29, 2014
San Diego, CA.
Great Idea! We have done tons of builds and sometimes those 142f carbs just don't work correctly. We end up just swapping them out for another one and then clean them later. A 2 stroke carb could give us another option and better performance. COOL

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
They work just as well on Briggs engines. I have had great results on a 5hp briggs flattie and the 3 1/2hp are even better!