Phone scammers DIE!

GoldenMotor.com

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I got the same bs calls awhile back. Some guy with an accent from India kept calling my company cell saying he was from Microsoft Windows and he was alerted to contact me. He said he needed to log onto my computer to fix the issue. His number was blocked every time so I kept telling him to give me his number and I was going to call him back. Of course he kept saying he can't give out the number. We went round and round for maybe 8 calls until I got fed up and got this app that would unblock numbers. After I told him that I got his number and will be calling him back, that's when he finally gave up after I started calling him multiple times everyday until the number became disconnected.
Never trust these guys or give them your IP address.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I had a long conversation with the Colorado State Attorney's office about calls from a company called, "Credit Card Services" wanting to "lower my credit card rates". I was told that the local phone service providers, in my case it is, Qwest, have the technology to track and block these calls but they will not do it because first, they're making money from them and second, because it cost them money to take action.

He said the credit card scammers are making millions by getting credit card numbers from dumb people who give out their numbers thinking they are going to see lower interest rates.
I really have no sympathy for them. They're just stupid for giving out their numbers but the calls affect everyone and the telephone service providers won't do anything because they're making money from the scammers.

It's all about the buck, and we are the ones getting the nuisance calls while the phone service providers are making money from them. The state and federal law enforcements can't do anything without the help from the providers and they refuse to give it.

Tom

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
The con is always about greed. Your greed overcomes your sense.

You have won a free trip.

Lower your payments.

Make big bucks working at home.

Nothing is free. You haven't won anything. It costs you big bucks before you make big bucks at home.

You want to win big? Buy a lottery ticket every week. Only one though.

That way you'll only lose 52 dollars a year - :)

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Its deeper than that. That money trail fuels the fire. Places will sell your info in a heartbeat. Even your telephone number to these agencies.

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
My daughter does software development work from home and just recently she told me that with so many IT professionals out of work due to the recession a significant percentage of them are doing 'black hat' work for the scammers just to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table.
My daughter is not joking in the slightest when she says, 'It's a war out there.'

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Yes it is. Just look at the magnitude of the Target scam.

A vast black internet market for this stuff.

I use cash as much as I can now. Don't enroll in any store "member benefit clubs"

They all want to know what I'm buying and when.

I don't want them to know anything.

Each and every time I go to the store now I am asked if I have the "club" card.

No.

"I can sign you right up now and you get 10% off"

No thanks.

Amazing.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Yes it is. Just look at the magnitude of the Target scam.

A vast black internet market for this stuff.

I use cash as much as I can now. Don't enroll in any store "member benefit clubs"

They all want to know what I'm buying and when.

I don't want them to know anything.

Each and every time I go to the store now I am asked if I have the "club" card.

No.

"I can sign you right up now and you get 10% off"

No thanks.

Amazing.
And if you say yes, they want your social security number.. LOL, fat chance.
I don't give my SS to ANYONE for ANYTHING. If you do you're opening yourself up for fraud.

Tom

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
recently S.S. contacted me about my benefits being cancelled as I am
institutionalized in a Chicago prison. LOL

It seems someone used my name and birth date and our government
in their infinite wisdom attached my SS number to him.

after I proved to SS that I was me and not in prison my benefits are ok
but I was told I need to inform the rest of the Government of what happened.
Right let them think I'm a big black man in prison ROFLMAO