Classic Christmas Movies

GoldenMotor.com

Nevada

Nov 29, 2013
Reno, Nevada
My wife and I just sat and enjoyed a great classic Christmas Movie. The 1954 version of White Christmas, with Bing Crosby and Danny Kay.

What a great movie. I enjoy the new stuff with all the great CG and specialized this and that, but there's nothing like an old classic with just plain ole good acting and dancing. Maybe I'm dating myself, but I sure did enjoy it!

What are some of the classics some of the other forum members like or have enjoyed recently!

Merry Christmas everyone!(^)

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I remember an episode of "The Twilight Zone" where Art Carney played the part of a broken down and drunk, but kindly, homeless man who is 'transformed' into Santa Claus. It just happens to him. It's not his doing. But he's the sort of personality who welcomes it. It was a nice story.

And I remember watching Tim Burton's "Nightmare Before Christmas" one time when my oldest kids were in the grade school age range. These Halloween ghouls had kidnapped Santa Claus. They'd made the inexplicable mistake of leaving him in the hands of the one ghoul out of the bunch who really is nasty. This guy is doing a song and dance full of threat to Santa. Hinting that he intends to eat Santa, for that matter. It was a fairly clever number and I was sitting there actually giggling. My oldest daughter, maybe eight years old at the time, looked over at me and said, "It's not funny, Dad!"

And, I suppose, it's really not very funny to an eight year old.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
'Miracle on 34th Street', the original with Natalie Wood, and 'A Charlie Brown Christmas'. Those are two that have become tradition in our house. We watch them every year.
My wife likes 'It's a Wonderful Life'. I don't.

As for television, I'll never forget John Belushi playing a drunken Santa on SNL.

Tom

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
'A Charlie Brown Christmas' ---- just love that little instrumental song. Makes me smile everytime!!

Geezer

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Scrooged w/Bill Murray is one of my all time favorites...
and I have to watch the Grinch every year (the old cartoon not the movie)

You're a three-decker sauerkraut and toadstool sandwich, with arsenic sauce!

Getmore

Oct 12, 2013
Florida
'A Charlie Brown Christmas' ---- just love that little instrumental song. Makes me smile everytime!!
That is one of my favorite to watch also. Chevy chase and Christmas vacation along with Home Alone just puts tears in my eyes from laughter.

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
Watching rudolph land of misfit toys with granddaughters, as we speak. Boy, has animation come a long way! Hey, paint gun, assume you worked for ozark airlines?

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
My all time fav is the 1951 version of "A Christmas Carol" with Alastair Sim as Scrooge.

I don't even have to scour the guide for it anymore, I bought it - :)