Back to the Future

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
No, I didn't buy a Delorean. I did buy a Buell motorcycle, though. I never considered myself a sport bike guy or a Harley guy. This machine kind of blends both with a street bike layout and a Harley v-twin engine. I had the new bike parked next to the "old" bike for some comparison pictures. Man, we've come a long way since 1918!

I like how shock absorbers have changed from leather friction washers to real compression and rebound dampened shocks.

Back to the Future by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

Tires certainly have gotten wider and brakes are greatly improved!

Yep things certainly have improved in the last 100 years. They quit making Buells in 2010, but when they were still making them they were built in the USA!

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Awesome, my 7 year old is home sick from school and just finished watching the Trilogy on DVD a couple minutes ago!

Nice ride, I really liked Buells, too bad they went under. It was nice to have an American take on sportbikes.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
So your telling me you made a time machine?!.......Out of a Buell?!
On no, you discovered my secret! I run back in time, grab all the coolest vintage motorcycle parts I can find, then blast back to future and install the parts onto my bikes. Of course when I'm back there the parts are not vintage, their brand new!

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Wow that looks like a new bike. Nice ride. I wanted to build a Harley street tracker then I found this bike 2002 with 1300 miles on it, could not pass it up.
You will have some good times on that bike...I rode this weekend... Peaceful
So now we both know the power of the GX200 and the power of a Harley v-twin! Mine has the 983cc flux capacitor, what about yours?

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Nice bike Pat. Interesting to see the Sportsman Flyer beside the Buell. I've often wondered what the original builders and racers would think if they could come back and see what their bike building efforts have become.

This is just a thought but when your back to the future could you ask about a group buy on some Indian Powerplus twins?

Steve.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Sweet bike Pat!!

These are what I'm into these days... Vintage Honda cafe' racers. (^)

This is my 1977 CB750
image-2178883249.jpg

This is my 1975 CB550F that I just sold a few weeks ago.
image-1445735397.jpg

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Nice bikes, Norm. I had no idea you were into the Honda cafe bikes. Looks like a lot of us are getting into motorcycles. Maybe motorized bicycles are a gateway drug! It is cool not worrying about the man pulling me over. I have my M1 license and an actual license plate. Totally legal.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
great bikes !!!! saw a kawasaki 900 already cafed recently probably the best 1000 bucks i could have spent but didn´t

los angeles drivers especially in certain ethinic neighborhoods - yuppies especially- can be downright deadly and frightening f;;;en phone messagers etc- distracted and dangerous

i think motorized bicycles maybe that gateway but doing em small has such a great charm

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
Looks like a lot of us are getting into motorcycles. Maybe motorized bicycles are a gateway drug!
Definitely!

I’ve always had customizing “big” bikes in mind while building the little ones. motorized bicycles have been an inexpensive and fun way for me to learn metal working, and I think I’m about ready now.

First on my plate a ‘73 Yamaha TX650 to be a aluminum clad BTR and a 1970 Aermacchi/Harley Rapido to be a Cafe Racer.

VMB, Nice looking Honda's!

-Kirk

Last edited: