amsoil saber

GoldenMotor.com

chris8686

May 2, 2013
Bellingham
I just broke 100 miles on my bike and I've been using amsoil saber 32:1 and I have been having oil spitting from the exhaust and coated all over the crank and rear wheel. My gas milage has been pretty bad. The plug is wet and oily. Some guys out there are running 100:1 no problem but most are running 50:1. Most people fall into the paradigm that 2 strokes need a oil mix requirement when they actually require an lubricant requirement. With amsoil the lubricants are supposed to combust and leave the motor not building up any deposits or leave a wet oily mess behind. So more oil is sometimes worse than too little.

Who is running 100:1!?

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I've always been leery about Trying 100:1. I'd rather have a messy crank then a blown up motor miles away from home.
I think if you ride mellow, it might be okay.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I know many who run 100:1 with the Saber. In fact a can think of at least 5 who have run 100:1 right out of the box.

I use the saber and the dominator. The Saber I run 50:1 sometimes 40:1, the dominator always at 50:1.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
I'm running Sabra @ 40:1 and AMSOIL octane boost . however my engine is setup for race . I do not have a mess on my motor and I do spit out the rear little bit but I extended the tailpipe on my sick by purse expansion chamber .kinda looks like a Sportster drag pipe .check out my albums .

Jbomb

May 19, 2012
Wichita, KS.
I use Amsoil Saber too. It is recommended for 100:1 premix, but says on the quart bottle that it can be mixed at richer ratios when desired. I ran it at 64:1 on my last build with no problems whatsoever in 2,000 miles. I sold it and I see the guy riding it all the time. Still going strong. I run Saber at 50:1 on my current daily rider because it winds up to higher RPM than my last engine. I just can't bring myself to test a 100:1 mix.

TheOtherChris

Apr 1, 2012
SE Idaho
I buy the single mix packets of Saber that are meant for 1 gallon.
Since I am still running the stock half gallon tank, it works great to have a 40 or 50:1 mix when filling at the station.
I keep a couple of them in the bike bag.
My HT engine runs most of its life WOT at around 28mph.