Hybrid electric cycle

GoldenMotor.com

alphacoustix

Sep 8, 2012
india
hello.
i am new.
I am making a Hybrid electric cycle project and would like for you guys to help me find a place where i can get the required parts(alternator, engine[<12kgs], fuel tank) since i have been to the local "scrap yard" in my locality and the answer is a LEMON. so i need help...? im even willing to go for an import if the cost is not THAT high!!
thanks in advance, even if no one responds to this....xx.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
what kind of a set up are you thinking about now you have my mind turning on possible ideas for this it could result if a 150mpg+ bike which could be cool as h3ll

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. I was thinking about a simpler hybrid.
Electric power is quiet but lacks range (my commute is 40 miles round trip). Gas powered bikes have great range but are not welcome on the sidewalk when the road gets dangerous.
My hybrid project bike would have no generators or charging system. I would simply use a rear gas friction motor on suitable roads (low speed limits) and switch to a the 24v electric hub motor when I take the sidewalk to avoid dicey roads.
On the other hand, I could just buy a Royal Enfield Bullet for my commute.

Last edited:

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
now you have me thinking about doing a real hybird with a charging system and a volt meter to check how charged your battery is probably with a high output alternator against the rear tire and a electric hub motor kit and friction drive setup

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
If I built my simple gas/electric hybrid using an electric hub motor with regenerative braking, then I would, in essence, have a gas generator. My generator would drive the wheels and charge the batteries. Hmm.

alphacoustix

Sep 8, 2012
india
Re: Hybrid electric cycle
what kind of a set up are you thinking about now you have my mind turning on possible ideas for this it could result if a 150mpg+ bike which could be cool as h3ll
HEY! thanks for responding. Sorry for the delay; got my internet access ID blocked for verification...:p

Im looking for a MOPED's engine since i dont need all that much power. only enough to drive an alternator. Also, i have a cycle's gear"box" in mind but since i've never driven a geared bike, i dont know whether it will be able to change gears in time(at ~20-30kmph) in time for a steep(30-40degrees) hill, the kind i encounter in my locality... im thinking if i should go for friction drive instead.... BUT I WANT THAT RANGE AND SPEED. guess you can have everything if you're willing to put in that effort. PLUS, this will be my Graduation's MAJOR project so all help/ideas/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

alphacoustix

Sep 8, 2012
india
Hello, Bicycle enthusiasts...
Any hints on which alternator i should use for propelling a simple bicycle?( i mean the amp rating) i'm gonna be using a 250 watt scooter motor as did someone else one this forum i read off... damn good job you guys do here, by the way!

Thanks in advance! (even if you dont reply!) :)

alphacoustix

Sep 8, 2012
india
Hello, Bicycle enthusiasts...
Any hints on which alternator i should use for propelling a simple bicycle?( i mean the amp rating) i'm gonna be using a 250 watt scooter motor as did someone else one this forum i read off... damn good job you guys do here, by the way!

Thanks in advance! (even if you dont reply!) :)