Penzoil 2 stroke multi purpose

GoldenMotor.com

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I use supertech universal 2 stroke oil, available at walmart. They sell small 2.5 ounce bottles, but they also sell 16 ounce bottles for like 6 bucks, and the 16 ounce bottles have a ratio cup built into the bottle. I been running it 32:1 for over a year, and it works just fine. I aint saying its the best oil, but its cheap enough and it works just fine. It's conventional oil.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Don't know about the multi-purpose, but I have always heard good things from those folks who use the Penzoil air cooled 2 stroke oil. Personaly I am a believer in running 2 stroke water cooled oil in water cooled engines and only running air cooled oil in 2 cycle air cooled engines. Outboard engine oil is formulated for outboards and air cooled oil for air cooled engines. In my mind...something that is blended for both is probably not the best you could buy for either even though it would work for both.
Kinda like our little China Girl engines that are designed to be universal. When something is designed to fit multiple bikes...it says to me that it probably isn't going to fit any one of them perfectly although we adapt or modify to make them work. Same goes for multi-purpose 2 cycle oil in my humble opinion.