JNMotors shipping delay?

GoldenMotor.com

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
I have been eyeballing the Jaguar CDI and coil, but since JNMotors was out of stock I planned on trying my hand at rolling my own. Then last week I saw that they had more in stock, so I placed an order for one on Saturday, May 26.

I got the order confirmation email, then nothing. I now see the website says they are out of stock :( When I placed the order, it said they had 2 left, so hopefully one of those was mine.

I called the number they have on their website but went straight to voicemail, so I left a message to call back. I also sent them an email, which I am still waiting for a response.

Anyone know if they are just slow to respond? Or down for a while? I got my Puch head from Treatland today (ordered it just 2 days ago!), so I would love to run the new CDI with it!

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Shot them another email this morning... still no response to any communication from them. So far, not overly pleased with their customer service.

At least BGF will send you back an email. It might not be what you want to hear, but at least it is a response!

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Finally got an email from JNM today, turns out the CDIs were out of stock even though their website said they had 2 left, and they got more in today and shipped it.

So a week and a half after ordering, no response to my voicemails (since your calls go straight to voicemail), and no response to emails until they have them back in stock and shipped. Makes sense, since I am sure a lot of people would cancel their order if they were up front and said "Sorry, those are out of stock, but should be back in stock soon..."

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
People just have to have a little more patience......did you know it's the Karting season and they're probably busier than ever? No need too get bent outta shape, relax, it'll get to you in no time. What's the hurry?

fugit

Mar 5, 2012
Oregon
I actually talked with him yesterday about a carb i bought a month ago. He answered the phone right away and as usual was very nice and very very knowledgable. He told me he was traveling and I could hear kids in the back ground :)

I had a stupid question about the performance carb and how to jet it and he went over that plus went on for 20 minutes (or more) telling me all the ways and things I can do with the carb. He knew exactly the jet size I needed after he asked several questions about my motor. ( Size, stock, upgrades, etc etc.) He was very helpful when purchasing the carb too we talked about options and stuff before purchasing and he put me on this one based on my needs.

I go there first topurchase stuff becasue I know he qwill be there if I need him and enjoy heloing me long after the sale...

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
It is not that I am in an incredible hurry, it is just that for a week and a half there was absolutely no indication of what happened to my money, other than they took it. When doing business over the internet, that is not now things are done in this century.

Part of my job is online tech support and no matter how busy we are, you at very least have to acknowledge the customer and let them know you are either working on their issue, or that it is in the queue and give them a timeframe. Not just sit on the issue without contact.

I am thrilled that he is a great guy, helpful, and answers the phone for others. I was apparently unlucky in that the three times I called, all during business hours, it went straight to voicemail and I never heard back.

So I am not saying it was a scam or that I got cheated, just that I am unhappy with the level of communication.

Thanks for allowing me to rant :-||

fugit

Mar 5, 2012
Oregon
With the level of service I have gotten I bet he is busy as all get out! When I called him it sounded like he was up to his ears in elbows ( Kids in the car, traveling, and somewhat distracted).

I think you may of just caught him in this window of time he is either on vaction or busy. I also know that the last 3-4 days we have been having cell phone service issues in the PNW with ATT and my wife( A Sprint Representative) said all the systewms have been going up and down all week. Might have something to do with microsoft's emergency net frame update or just service issues in general.

Give him time he is a valued assett to the community...