Clutch cable lock?

GoldenMotor.com

homejones

Jul 4, 2011
Lostville
Hey guys, anyone have a clutch cable lock they can sell me? Online vendors charge a lot for shipping, so hoping to get some help from within the community. Let me know, thanks!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Any hobby shop that sells model airplane parts can provide you with them. They're called wheel collars. You'll want one with a 1/16" I.D.
Tom

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Your local hardware store or auto parts store should have plenty to choose from in stock for very little to nothing.

Tom is right, you want a 1/16'' ID collar

homejones

Jul 4, 2011
Lostville
Your local hardware store or auto parts store should have plenty to choose from in stock for very little to nothing.

Tom is right, you want a 1/16'' ID collar
Oh, I didn't even know if they had these at hardware stores. It'll probably be easier to goto a Home Depot today after work. Anyone know what I need to ask for at a hardware store?

homejones

Jul 4, 2011
Lostville
Any hobby shop that sells model airplane parts can provide you with them. They're called wheel collars. You'll want one with a 1/16" I.D.
Tom
This is awesome - thanks for the tip. If Home Depot doesn't work out, I have a hobby store somewhere relatively close by that I can swing by. Thanks!

clashed13

Aug 30, 2011
Michigan
Yes I need one in using zip ties and tape which doesnt work. lol My original broke a couple days ago need a good replacement.

homejones

Jul 4, 2011
Lostville
Late reply....

I bought the cable locks from the hobby store. It was $1.99 and came with a few in the packet. Even came with a tiny allen wrench to tighten the set screw. Note, these are significantly smaller than the cable locks that come in the chinese kits, but work nonetheless.