Cool finds at work

GoldenMotor.com

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I thought id start this post for a couple of reasons: A) if youre like me you enjoy looking at junk that can be reborn into something nicer and B) some of you guys are a lot more mechanically minded then me and you may have a better plan on how to utilise this stuff.

So anyways, i work at a paper mill, and i work in recycling. Youd be amazed at some of the crap that comes in that is meant to be cardboard. So i thought from time to time ill share my finds and maybe a few questions..... and anyone else that is in a similar situation id love to see your finds as well.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Old compressor, i raided some fittings and old copper piping

A couple of old Honda clones :confused: but i think they are a little past trying to use or take parts from???? Except maybe those gas tanks

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Heres a small hydraulic (???) tank that i could maybe use for a fuel tank

This is interesting, an outboard motor..... i know nothing about boats or their motors, but i do recall someone saying they considered using an outboard motor for a MB

A set of twin pipes for a MB? LOL

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I found this bike a few weeks back, could hardly believe my eyes when i saw it as i had been looking for another one of these frames. These arent as common over here in Australia

I also found this old chrome looking fire extinguisher, ill most likely use it for a fuel tank some time, however its rather large. Otherwise if and when i master the pinstriping brush i got ill stripe it and hang in my "man room"

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
At work they throw out (recycle metal bin) old copper/brass strips probably 4" wide in very long lengths. Im allowed to grab some and have been trying to think of ways to use it. I made a cdi cover and could maybe make a tank in the future?

They also throw out long lengths of alloy piping that is only used in boxes for packing. I plan to make an Indian style tank soon out of it.

Finished product

And i think you know what the tank would look like

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I like to re-purpose things all the time as well.
I really like that old air compressor. They just don't make them like they used to.
Those mufflers are factory take offs, Harley Davidson. Not really worth anything these days, at least over here in the States.
They are catalytic, highly restrictive, rather quiet, and surprisingly heavy.

Very nice score on the bicycle!

You do good work with sheet metal. I like your ignition box!