parts not fitting right.... hmmm...

GoldenMotor.com

jon31592

Apr 20, 2011
NE NC
Im going to try to explain this the best i can...

First off i have a 66cc i got from pison bikes, its been running fine untill it seized up. I have it unseized and got replacement parts for it and am assemblong it again.

It concernes the clutch shaft thing (the assembly for engadging and disengage the clutch.)

When i put the ball bering and rod back in the cover wont fit because the length of the ball and rod is greater than the distance required.

There is nothing stuffed inside the part they go inside of...

Btw, i never disassembled that part that they go inside of...

Please help, i am super confused and have allready put more time and money into this 2 stroke than its worth. although i enjoy the experience, and riding it is a blast, running into problems is just getting old....

jon31592

Apr 20, 2011
NE NC
Everything fits in there fine... i just took the innards apart and nothing seemed messed up.

I dont think i need another rod, it fit fine before...

Any suggestions as to what may be causing it? Ot looks fine to me but its not working right...

Yeah, the arm is in the correct position...

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Everything fits in there fine... i just took the innards apart and nothing seemed messed up.

I dont think i need another rod, it fit fine before...

Any suggestions as to what may be causing it? Ot looks fine to me but its not working right...
Not working right doesn't help. It's like the wife coming home, and telling me the truck isn't working right, and I get enough of that. Without the drive gear cover on, how much does the bucking bar protrude (ball in) out of the clutch shaft? You just might need some clutch adjustment.

Is your clutch arm in the direction as in this photo? Did you take the arm off the shaft and move it? Is the pin in the case and is the arm down and locked into the correct position?

Last edited:

jon31592

Apr 20, 2011
NE NC
Sorry, it is hard to put into words...

Okay, to clarify,

I am reassembling the engine...
I put the two halves together with the assembly inside.
I install the woodruff key and sprocket
I place the ball and rod inside the hole in that order...

I place the cover on but it wont lie flush to the body without tightening all the screws down to it. There is about a 2mm gap there.
I suppose i could just tighten it down and call it a day, but id really like to know why there is a gap there when there wasent one before....

Does that help?

What im trying to say is that the rod sticks out about 1.5 to 2mm more than it should...