Hello from Washington State.

GoldenMotor.com

bigben77

Jul 2, 2008
Edmonds, WA
I'm Ben, and I really like motorized bicycles. I live three blocks from work so I ride my non mb to work and back. I saw an add for a kit on ebay, I decided I really want to give it a shot. I did weeks of research befor finding the right bike to start with(in my opinion), a Shwinn Jaguar with black wheels, layed back seat post and 15 inch ape hangers. Pics soon.
I just bought my motor kit from a yet to be mentioned source (waiting to see the quality and completness of my order). I should be recieving it sometime this week, will be replacing all studs and doing a complete teardown and rebuild befor instalation. Thank you for your time.(c)

stude13

May 28, 2008
north bend wa.
hi be; jump on that build. a big meet is going to happen soon on the beach in sww. what area are you in. weve got about ten or more around seattle. we even have a wheelmaster. good luck mitch

bigben77

Jul 2, 2008
Edmonds, WA
I live in Edmonds, and I can't wait to get it all put together and take my first ride aroung my neighborhood. I ride by this group of school kids waiting for the bus on my way to work every day, so can't wait to see there faces when I ride by on my new mb!!

protow

Jun 25, 2008
Seattle,W
www.ramlyn.com
Welcome.. you will find this site VERY Helpful. i know i did. i also did about 3 weeks of research and found the right place to get a cheap motor to start off with......
Thanks to Stude13's posts and pablo i didfind alot of tips and tricks.. ok you 2 where when how , ect...ect... is this meet taking place . i cant wait to and now all of the kids in my "hood" lol are wantin me to build them one.

bigben77

Jul 2, 2008
Edmonds, WA
On my ride home from work today, I saw a guy riding a mb coming straight at me down hill!! looked like a smaller chinese kit but he was cruising along pretty well. As I stoped and drooled I realised my riding style has to change, I'm an agressive rider and battle traffic every day.Granted my commute is three blocks one way it's still a little like playing frogger.

With my ape hangers, I can't slip between tight spots like on my mountain bike, or jump off curbs.

I can't wait, come on UPS...

bigben77

Jul 2, 2008
Edmonds, WA
Finally, some pics. Canabalized my mountain bike suspention fork and it rides ALOT better! And I painted the wheels with black high temp engine paint, had to clean it off of the rim side wall cause the breaks SCREAMED!

Attachments

bigben77

Jul 2, 2008
Edmonds, WA
I just noticed the price tag sticker is stil on the frame. $139.00 at Target!
I also need a longer front break cable.

Last edited: