Schwinn Chopper Bike Build

GoldenMotor.com

Munchiesgalore

Mar 8, 2014
Riverside, Ca.
What do you mean SADLY it's going to be a 4 stroke, be proud of it and don't be ashamed that you have common sense and don't fall for all the tree hugging mess.....!

I look forward to seeing your cool project come together.
Thanks bro, and when i said sadly it was just a little sarcasm. I love the sound and rumble a motor makes unlike electric motors that just hum. i will never go electric.

Munchiesgalore

Mar 8, 2014
Riverside, Ca.
By the way, this build wont be street legal here in California unless i have a means of pedaling. so far it seems as though im not going to have the room for cranks..

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
By the way, this build wont be street legal here in California unless i have a means of pedaling. so far it seems as though im not going to have the room for cranks..
Oh well, you can still have some fun riding it like you would a mini bike on private property or in another off Road area that its allowed to ride in.

looking again at the project, if the engine was placed just a little higher and maybe just slightly forward, you could have a set of cranks with very small sprocket, that would function just enough to make it legal, I've thought about building a frame up similar to what you've done here myself and might get it done one of these days.

So many projects in my head and so little time to attempt them...LOL!

Munchiesgalore

Mar 8, 2014
Riverside, Ca.
Oh well, you can still have some fun riding it like you would a mini bike on private property or in another off Road area that its allowed to ride in.

looking again at the project, if the engine was placed just a little higher and maybe just slightly forward, you could have a set of cranks with very small sprocket, that would function just enough to make it legal, I've thought about building a frame up similar to what you've done here myself and might get it done one of these days.

So many projects in my head and so little time to attempt them...LOL!

I was thinking the same thing with the cranks, but instead of lifting the motor and rearranging things i could simply put a set at the very front of the engine plate. I'd only be able to pedal in a straight line but hey, it would be legal to ride on the streets! I might have to rake the front end a bit more but I'm willing to give it a shot.

.trk

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I was thinking the same thing with the cranks, but instead of lifting the motor and rearranging things i could simply put a set at the very front of the engine plate. I'd only be able to pedal in a straight line but hey, it would be legal to ride on the streets! I might have to rake the front end a bit more but I'm willing to give it a shot.

.trk
I had thought about that also but didn't know how much of a stretch that might be from the seat.

Sounds like a good plan to get on the street legal, it's a lot more fun cruising the streets than it is cruising a parking lot lol.......!