The "Plug-and-Play" Bikes for 2-stroke china engines thread.

GoldenMotor.com

noobtard

Apr 25, 2009
PA
Okay, I don't know if there is a thread like this.. But, I wish would have found one when I bought my first "Bike"( http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=9361 )

Anyways, please post here any bikes you have found to be a perfect fit.(no changes to stock mounting/intake/anything..)

Plug-and-Play Bike List:
Schwinn Del Mar -- me,Cabinfever1977,Scotchmo
Schwinn Jaguar -- me
Skykomish-Marble Point(and others?) -- Junster
Fuji Odessa -- lordoflightaz
Micargi-Pantera -- fairracing31
Huffy-Santa Fe -- Finfan
GrantSport easy tour -- matt167
Schwinn Sierra MOS -- javelina1

Baddd First Build Bikes: (Guess I'll add bikes not to be used(for the noobs) as well...)
Next Avalon -- me
Basically any Dual Suspension Bike -- me
Roadmaster sx sport -- Cabinfever1977
OCC chopper -- weekend-fun

I'll try to keep the list updated pretty well..(I have no life)

Last edited:

lordoflightaz

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Two that are Too Easy
Easy install Gary Fisher Mamba, older model. Tight fit for carb but otherwise it fits perfect. (SBP Kit and motor from Spookytooth) Me

Room to spare Fuji Odessa I think you could put a small pinto engine in it with room for (Livefastmotors 80cc) Mark

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
heres another bad one: roadmaster sx sport <-DONT USE THIS ONE

heres a good one i am using, you already have it listed: Scwhinn del mar

Karl

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
I think pretty much any 26" Huffy Beach Cruiser will fit the bill! I suspect they are all the same bike with different names stuck on them. Mine is a "Santa Fe"

noobtard

Apr 25, 2009
PA
Two that are Too Easy
Easy install Gary Fisher Mamba, older model. Tight fit for carb but otherwise it fits perfect. (SBP Kit and motor from Spookytooth) Me

Room to spare Fuji Odessa I think you could put a small pinto engine in it with room for (Livefastmotors 80cc) Mark
Any idea what year/model on the Mamba? also, does is fit with the stock mounting?
looks like about any Fuji Odessa model would work..(sorry to be picky)

Last edited:

lordoflightaz

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I don't know the year on the Mamba I would have to say that it is pre 2002, since I could not find any manuals Gas Bicycle Gary Fisher Mamba Part 1 shows the bike, I still need to take and post finished pictures.

I put the motor in the frame with stock mounting kit with no issues to test for fit. The brackets are a perfect fit. Took motor off and added the shift kit.

I doubt SBP would ever sell the the rear mounting assembly without the kit but I think that it is a far superior way to mount the back side of the motor to the down tube.

Scotchmo

Jun 23, 2009
Los Osos, California
It can depend on the motor. I bought 2 Raw 80 (66cc) motors. One of them had a front mount that was radiused for a 1-1/8” diameter down tube. The other was radiused for a 1-1/4” diameter down tube. Both had 1-1/8” diameter mounts for the seat tube. The included angle between the seat tube and down tube mounts measured 70 degrees on both motors.

If you want a good fit, get the motor first. Test fit different pieces of tubing to find the best diameters. Make a cardboard triangle with a 70 degree angle. Take the cutout and a set of calipers and go looking for a bike. It is unlikely that you will find a perfect fit. I bought a Schwinn Delmar because I liked it but ended up cutting out the downtube and welding in a 1-1/4” diameter tube at the correct angle for the motor. A good fit is critical so as to avoid some of the problems caused by vibrations. I saw a lot of the adapters, muffler clamps, and rubber mounts on this list. They often included filling in angle discrepancies with lead, rubber, epoxy, leather, or nothing at all. Some may work, but none are as secure as a solid mount. I decided to mount it the way that it was intended. Boring, but a sure thing.

Plug and play would be nice but may not exist. Some are easier to use. Some are more difficult. If I were designing one, it would have a 1-1/4” down tube. 1-1/8” seat tube and a 70 degree included angle, and also enough headroom. I might also consider using 1.75” tires since the 2-1/8” tires leave almost no clearance when the chains are properly aligned. They do work but alignment is just more critical. Or I might design it with a slight offset to the rear fork and/or bottom bracket. The 2-1/8” tires do ride nice. I could not find a bike that met every measurement. If you don’t mind some work. You can make it fit anything. So get the bike you like.

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
I had my engine on a bike that was a perfect fit, but my neglect busted the rear wheel and I just used a diffrent bike instead... was a GrantSport easy tour... still might build another and get a new wheel for it

noobtard

Apr 25, 2009
PA
@Scotchmo
I created this thread in a attempt to save people from buying a sad excuse for a "bike" like I picked.. and to help people find a bike that works with the "stock" mounts.

maybe all kits don't come with the longer front studs..(mine did).. but that's an "easy fix" compared to having a bike that you have to mod the intake etc on...

the diameter on the mounts could definitely be a problem though.. had no clue that they varied..

good advise.

Scotchmo

Jun 23, 2009
Los Osos, California
@Scotchmo
I created this thread in a attempt to save people from buying a sad excuse for a "bike" like I picked.. and to help people find a bike that works with the "stock" mounts.

maybe all kits don't come with the longer front studs..(mine did).. but that's an "easy fix" compared to having a bike that you have to mod the intake etc on...

the diameter on the mounts could definitely be a problem though.. had no clue that they varied..

good advise.
If that is the criteria, and the stock mounts include a large tube adapter, then my vote is for the Schwinn Delmar. Low cost, steel frame, plenty of headroom, rear sprocket fits perfectly, smooth ride, cool looks. It needs some fronts brakes added and beefed up fender/rack brackets.

P.S. – Sorry, I started getting off thread in my earlier post.

Last edited:

noobtard

Apr 25, 2009
PA
I had my engine on a bike that was a perfect fit, but my neglect busted the rear wheel and I just used a diffrent bike instead... was a GrantSport easy tour... still might build another and get a new wheel for it
was it a "Raleigh Grand Sport"?
can't find anything else on google really..

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
was it a "Raleigh Grand Sport"?
can't find anything else on google really..
Nope.. GrantSport is the brand.. they were made for W.T Grant stores in the 1960's and 70's.. mine is a late 60's model... this is b4 the tensioner ate the spokes.. there kind of rare and hard to find, but not worth much because they were just a run of the mill bike, and offered at a cheaper price than Schwinn or Huffy..

Attachments

noobtard

Apr 25, 2009
PA
c'mon people, I know there are tons of bikes out there that are "plug and play" with the stock mounting.. I could add a tons of them but, I don't want to be "wrong".

javelina1

Aug 23, 2009
Arizona
I purchased a Schwinn Sierra MOS off of CL for $25.00. The Grubee Gen II mounted up just fine. (I did have to file down the water bottle mount boss though).

Schwinn catalogs, 1980 - 1990 (498 of 522)

I originally planned to use a 1999 Trek 820. But the downtube was 45mm dia. Wouldn't work with the standard Grubee. And the SBP front mount doesn't work with the Grubee Gen II. (The Grubee is wider than the standard 1.6" that the SBP is made for). So I punted and bought the Schwinn "Iron Works" Cro-moly frame. It's down tube is 35mm.

Last edited:

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
@Scotchmo

good advise.
Check out my modified intake..based on the sidedraft Weber ...pretty simple and only a couple bucks to do it .....it "Screams"

Thanks,
Saltycvlt1

Attachments