Sick bike pipe rpm?

GoldenMotor.com

Wags

Aug 4, 2016
Michigan
Does anyone use the sick bike pipe? I know every engine and pipe configuration is different but I would like to get a census on and average rpm there sick bike pipe kicks in. I'm having trouble finding the magic length. I feel like I should know when the pipe is working. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
The way the kit comes stock really is set up for maximum torque with the greatest power increase in the lower rpm range of 2-4 thousand rpm. Going to the shortest possible length will put you up into the 4-6 thousand range but our experience is that the ignition and port timing is the limiting factor at these higher rpm's. I believe the stock header adjustment tube is 3 inches. Unless you have a modified engine I wouldn't take more than an inch off that and try and take advantage of the torque and not try and make it an rpm monster. The engine itself just won't let that happen.

Wags

Aug 4, 2016
Michigan
I have Arrow Reed valve , Port matched throughout including transfer ports to cylinder, 6 cc fredhead my squish band is .72mm, third Boost port with reed mod piston, crankcase is stuffed, sick bike shift kit, jaguar cdi with high output coil. I have not messed with the timing or lifted my exhaust port. I've done all the work myself. Although you say the stock configuration of the pipe is 2 - 4000. That might be why I missing it I have tons of torque but I was not expecting it to be that low. I have a tachometer so I will be paying attention to my RPMs. I have no problem doing burnouts or wheelies. I got off the throttle at 53 because my bike is not made to go that fast and to be honest that's a little scary on a bike that's made the go 20 .The reason I didn't think the pipe was coming on is because I've been on a 2 stroke and know what the powerband feels like when the pipe kicks in and I haven't felt that surge of energy, maybe it's just smaller on these little engines and I'm expecting too much. Thank you for the input that was an enormous help. Oh yeah and the crankshaft was truth and it runs like a sewing machine with very,very little vibration at any speed. It may come across like I'm bragging or tooting my own horn but I assure you I'm just trying to get all the facts out there. I'm trying to figure out how to post pictures so I can do that.

Last edited:

Wags

Aug 4, 2016
Michigan
I'm trying to find the link to all the values for metering the newest jaguar cd. Can someone let me k now where to go?