motorized drift trikes

GoldenMotor.com

Thewurst

Mar 23, 2013
Wisconsin
yea it would have pedals, I had a bigwheel with a metal frame with pedals on the front axle i built when i was 11, little did i know i could have driven it on the road

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
the trikes i build use a freewheel pedal front hub made by huffy,the best wheels to use are the 48 spoke from the huffy green machine and the vid was filmed at the local netball courts

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
HI,
Just curious but what are the rear tires wrapped with?
Thanks!
Andrew
It looks like fat PVC pipe the diameter of the back wheels to me which makes sense, it's tough stuff, would certainly slide like crazy, and all you need to do is inflate the tire inside the pipe to hold it on.

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
It looks like fat PVC pipe the diameter of the back wheels to me which makes sense, it's tough stuff, would certainly slide like crazy, and all you need to do is inflate the tire inside the pipe to hold it on.
that is correct 250mm pvc fits kart wheels perfect, you can use the black pe piping if you want a little more grip than pvc

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
i'm going to make a hi-po go-kart trike to race at grange. 85+ mph complete with long peddles maybe duel h2o morini's. or yamaha 100's nice and low. dennis

Dobzeh

Apr 8, 2013
Florida
all im wondering is how you made the sprocket stay on the axle and how fast will the one with the motorized bike motor do ?

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
all im wondering is how you made the sprocket stay on the axle and how fast will the one with the motorized bike motor do ?
i made my axles with pillow block bearings and steel rod.i mounted the sprockets to quad bike front wheel hubs then locked them to the axle.one with a motorized bike motor will go around 20mph. the one with twin 49cc pocket bike motors done almost 50mph i ran 2 chain/sprocket setups to the one axle and used adjustable clutched so i could sync them to come in at the same rpm.i made a 1-2 cable for the throttle and synced the carbs by sliding pop sticks in the back of the carbs and opening the throttle,when both pop sticks drop at the same time the carbs are synced

kiwikidd

Jul 23, 2013
uk
hi, iam trying to build a huffy as well with a mini moto engine how did you get it to run in the other direction if i mount mine as you have it will go backwards

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I saw one on the top of a van in Hartford last week, Pablo. No engine and was wondering. Never dawned on me that it was electric.

Whooly stuff, that must be sick. With front brakes, you could just sit, spin and spraying road sand. lol, be a great racing name. "Sit-N-Spin"

Dang it, now I really wanna build one.

KiwiKidd, I am thinking if you did a DIY with a utility engine, could just use the stock tank or most lawn care engine tanks. The pictures look like motorized bicycle tanks. Those are pretty inexpensive and available all over the net and from most of the sponsors on either side.

Not sure of who sells em down your way. AussieDan or some one else will know.

rock out

Jul 5, 2013
canada
Have you ever seen those drift carts they sell at toys r us I've always wanted to swap out the electric for a gas engine

powerbike

Feb 17, 2014
B.C. Canada
These things are awesome. I want to build one.
But I think it would be great with a rear swing arm, small front suspension fork, low center of gravity like the white one with the horizontal engine, and small dirt off road kart tires.

Keep up the good work.