Second build K2 motorized bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

92gsxbafaro

Jul 12, 2013
Spokane, Washington
Ive been waiting a few months to get around to building a new motorized bicycle as the last one i built i made the mistake of building it on a cheapo wal-mart bike sooo here goes.

This one has a bit better of a frame and i had to make my own mount out of some steel plate and 2 muffler clamps works great. out of the two bikes i have built this one is by far the best haha. It has an ebay 80cc kit from the seller atv_parts_outlet. it was packaged a little rough and the motor came in pieces... wasn't really expecting that but everything went fine with fitting it to the bike besides the gas tank because the bike has brake/derailleur lines on top so i made some padding and to keep the tank from moving i riveted the mounts to the frame so the it wouldn't turn upside down (happened once gas all over my leg and a very uncomfortable ride home) i don't have a picture of the rivets but i had screws in there temporarily to see how it works.

i would love to hear some feed back on it so far its been a really fun build

Attachments

Wally

Dec 25, 2011
South Africa
Going to be difficult watching out for cracks in the pipe! (crossbar) I see meesages all over saying do not drill holes in the pipe work it cracks just there. I used silicone sealer under my tank and it hasn't moved in 12 months of riding approx 400 k's.

92gsxbafaro

Jul 12, 2013
Spokane, Washington
i used rivets and i have a few hundred miles on it and everything seems to be fine. the top tube doesnt take tension as much as the bottom tube so im not worried about it

Gregjnoble

Aug 5, 2016
Salem Oregon USA
Got a q for you. I have a k2 zed 2.0 bike very similar to yours. My q is can I leave the gears on the right side as is? I just gotta lose the rear rotor and put on a cantilever brake, etc. Email me any other useful info this is going to be my first build. Thank you!!

Cylon

Jun 26, 2015
Maine
What happened to your walmart bike? I've been using a walmart bike for 2 years with out a failure, even crashed it really hard a few times.