1955 Road Master 79cc HF motor

GoldenMotor.com

Deiseldave

Dec 8, 2012
Warren, PA
Ok update everyone !!!!...... Thanks to the efforts of LabRat and Sledge the mounting plate and muffler is coming along . Here are some of the pics of the progress that has been forming 2566 miles away from me as we speak . Mailing should be scheduled for the next few days from now , by the end of the month should be rolling down the road for sure !!!!

the beginning of the motor mount !!!

Deiseldave

Dec 8, 2012
Warren, PA

test fitting to see if it matches up !!!

these are the parts I've got coming from LabRat's that he ordered for me thanks to my Ebay account being frozen at the moment . also can see the adapter that he made for me as well.

Deiseldave

Dec 8, 2012
Warren, PA
This is how the PZ19 carb will look once installed and as LabRat has told me I wont be disappointed one bit !!!

Also a custom LabRat build along with Sledge ..... a custom dual pipe made from a wheelchair , poly chrome alloy pipes !!!! this is gonna be so cool !!!!

these things are so thick !!!! its gonna be Awesome . thanks guys , its good to have friends that are as excited to see something nicely built as I am !!!! cant wait to fire it up and let you all hear it !!!!

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Is that engine a Predator or Greyhound? Why did you decide on a different carb? Is that the AGK carb adapter? Details look great, Sorry for the barrage of questions.
I can only assume he is changing the carburetor because so many of us are using them and recommended this to him. Myself I have made this change on 4 engines. The PZ19 carbs are re pop from the early 70s usually read "Product of Japan Made in China" on them. Fully tunable MC style carb and for less then $22 postage paid shipping from Huston Texas on eBay.

Only yesterday did I finally add a PZ19 to my FSC with a 99cc Predator, only took it for a test ride and the carb is not even tuned.... felt like I got a new engine. This carb really woke the FSC up!

Others do re jet this carb, I have not felt the need to. Only after talking with others that I may re jet the 79cc RMLL to see what else is in there.

AGK sells an adaptor for the pz19 to fit the predator. Old handle bar stock is just the right size for intakes and what is shown in the picture.

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
I can only assume he is changing the carburetor because so many of us are using them and recommended this to him. Myself I have made this change on 4 engines. The PZ19 carbs are re pop from the early 70s usually read "Product of Japan Made in China" on them. Fully tunable MC style carb and for less then $22 postage paid shipping from Huston Texas on eBay.

Only yesterday did I finally add a PZ19 to my FSC with a 99cc Predator, only took it for a test ride and the carb is not even tuned.... felt like I got a new engine. This carb really woke the FSC up!

Others do re jet this carb, I have not felt the need to. Only after talking with others that I may re jet the 79cc RMLL to see what else is in there.

AGK sells an adaptor for the pz19 to fit the predator. Old handle bar stock is just the right size for intakes and what is shown in the picture.
Thanks for the info and opening my eyes. I guess I knew the carb that comes on the Greyhound and Predator engines are not really tunable, good to know there are options. So are all PZ19 carbs relatively the same? Or is there a difference between 2 and 4 stroke versions?

I'm onboard with this carb idea and will take the plunge, since I was going to have to change my intake manifold anyway due to the vertical mounting of my engine (see pic).

Last edited:

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
There are from what I can tell 3 made in China manufactures of the PZ19 the patents ran out this stuff is then knocked off in China if you were to find a real one and it would be used that is a actually made in Japan they seem to see for 70 to 120 bucks.

PaPa_FoZzY

Nov 23, 2012
Neshoba co. Mississippi
this is going to be awesome. I'd beat down the biggest baddest man you could find for a frame like that lol hopefully I won't have too if Lab can come through for me. I love this hobby dance1

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
this is going to be awesome. I'd beat down the biggest baddest man you could find for a frame like that lol hopefully I won't have too if Lab can come through for me. I love this hobby dance1
I'll wrestle Dave to the ground....you grab the bike!

Deiseldave

Dec 8, 2012
Warren, PA
Ok Im back ..... earlier I showed LabRat and Sledge making parts for the muffler ..... ( soiler alert ) It looks and sounds awesome !!!

Here are some pics of the guys hard at work !!!

Sledge cutting like the pro he is .....

parts laid out on the table ready for assembly

Hmmmm..... Looks like a dual exhaust to me LOL

the test fit

Deiseldave

Dec 8, 2012
Warren, PA
I think this wheel chair came to be of some good Use , what you all think LOL.

These Pipes are being test fitted on LabRat's 79cc HF motor and they sound BAD ASS , just take a listen for yourself and tell me .

http://youtu.be/a_9-pqwVcj0

And as Usual LabRat and Sledge are the bomb and I cant wait to install the parts ... Will Post more Once parts are in, thank you all for following .

Last edited:

Deiseldave

Dec 8, 2012
Warren, PA
OK well I have been working on the seat , even though I got a nice comfortable seat , im still going to fix up a period correct seat for shows. this is what I had to start with .

Deiseldave

Dec 8, 2012
Warren, PA
this is where im at now .

So far I have taken seat completely apart and wire wheeled it to get the rust off , sprayed a black primer and aluminum metallic paint to help prevent rust and make it shine . I have replaced the burlap that was in the seat , I plan on using some padding and leather to cover the seat .

Last edited:

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Dave I use thin rock crushing foam, formally from back packing. The pads I have used on the seats that were rebuilt were purchased for camping by my Dad back in 1976.... Free is free and I was not using them....