The wife thinks I'm crazy!

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
My wife thinks I have gone a little overboard with this bike thing, if you have the same problem show her the roper coal and steam powered bike built back in 1892. Looks like some of us have been going overboard for a long while. The bike I am talking about went to auction this week and was exspected to bring seven figures, only two were made the other is in the "Smith". O by the way Mr. Roper died in a bike crash!

Roper Steam Powered Velocipede or Motocycle

mesmith

Jun 30, 2011
United States
My wife thinks I have gone a little overboard with this bike thing, if you have the same problem show her the roper coal and steam powered bike built back in 1892. Looks like some of us have been going overboard for a long while. The bike I am talking about went to auction this week and was exspected to bring seven figures, only two were made the other is in the "Smith". O by the way Mr. Roper died in a bike crash!

Roper Steam Powered Velocipede or Motocycle
bet his hot dog got well cooked:)

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
My wife thinks I'm crazy too. But she seems to see value in my love and knack for mechanical things, so she puts me to work now and then. This July will be ten years! And it went by quicker than I would have thought.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
My wife used to think I was nuts, until I retired. Now she's happy that I spend my time in the garage instead of hanging out in the house getting in her way. Now she thinks motorbikes are cool.
Tom

IronReborn

Jan 21, 2012
USA
My wife understands my hobby. I don't have any vices and this is just a way for me to spend my free time productively.

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
as long as im in the garage i get left alone for the most part she does think im crazy though and i always get asked why i need a motorized bike if i have motorcycle and a truck .

wifes theyl never truly understand the greatness of it all .

Buzzard

Jul 9, 2008
Lincoln, NE
Let's see.. 2 bikes in his office, 1 bike in the bedroom, 2 bikes on the front porch in various stages of tear down...and who knows how many in the storage shed for parts...crazy? Maybe a little, but it sure keeps him out of my hair and out of the bars!
As for the $$... its his spending $$ not mine...mine goes to crafting supplies! At least we each have our own rooms.
I'm waiting for him to build me a trike, I can't wait to see what he'll do if he ever retires.
buzzard's LadyG

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Norm, Its great to see someone that has found something they enjoy doing and are making a living at it also. I have heard that " IF ITS SOMETHING YOU ENJOY DOING ITS NOT A JOB ITS A HOBBY".