What a crooked D. A.!

GoldenMotor.com

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Let me preface what I'm about to say below with this: personally I think this criminal should see what the inside of a prison is like, after a well-deserved felony conviction.

But also, restitution is always a sticky situation in cases like this. Where felony convictions can effectively cause either loss of work or loss of job, payment of restitution to the victim becomes problematic. I'd like to see the victim at least get his medical bills paid, his time off work covered, and a little something to compensate pain-and-suffering and additional hardships. And none of that is out of the ordinary or too much to ask. But if the offender legitimately loses his job/livelihood as a result of a felony conviction, you can bet the farm that the victim will never see a dime. And that's when those medical bills really become oppresive.

That the offender deserves the felony, I don't doubt a bit. If only there were a way to compensate the victim and truly punish the offender at the same time. Such is justice in America.

mdlee1958

Feb 22, 2009
Fort Collins, Colorado
Gee, and people wonder why I don't trust the judicial system here in Colorado. But yah know, if this jerk is truly managing "billions" of financial assets you can bet the bank that his net worth is somewhere north of a few million. I say hang the bastard and surrender all of his assets to the victim. You know that Milo has earning potential as a transplant surgeon that has been put in jeopardy by his injuries.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Gee, and people wonder why I don't trust the judicial system here in Colorado. But yah know, if this jerk is truly managing "billions" of financial assets you can bet the bank that his net worth is somewhere north of a few million. I say hang the bastard and surrender all of his assets to the victim. You know that Milo has earning potential as a transplant surgeon that has been put in jeopardy by his injuries.
You make a very good, and workable point. That seems a sound solution. Liquidate the offender's assets, whilst you pack him off to prison. And hopefully the next Moneybags with an inflated sense of self-importance will think twice about knocking somebody around and not bothering to stop.

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
One problem with hit and run.

Hiting someone may or may not be a crime, It could be an accident, Or both partys at fault, Or even the biker is at fault. You can decide if they need to be charged or not. It may not be a crime.

Hiting and then RUNNING, is clearly a CRIME commited by the guy who runs, Leaving the person he hit.. To die in the gutter without so much as a 'Are you allright? Can I call an ambulance for you?' If you don't want to be convicted of commiting a crime, you should not commit one! Running is 100% AVOIDABLE and can never be considered an 'accident'.
You where not 'scared' or 'chased' you where running from your legal and social responsabilitys, And that is what makes hit and RUN such a giant crime.
Not to mention all the police time then wasted on tracking you down. Taxpayer money. My money, the victums money, Everyones money!

You don't let a murderer or thief go free because he 'might lose his job', that is his problem, Not the judges, Not the victums, He thought the crime out and commited it. If he can't pay, Well then we have other ways to make him pay, Like jail time, or credit leans, or garnish his wages once he gets a new job fliping burgers, or whoever will hire him. Why would you allow any premeditated crime go unpunished?

Papabear86

Jul 2, 2008
What a pompous louse the driver is. Read his Bio on Worth...makes me sick.

A a former asset manager I am disgusted and hope that the prosector nails this dude.