Portland first build_ Spencer Street Cycles

GoldenMotor.com

tvc15

Jun 27, 2010
portland, OR
Hey, this is my first build and so far... not so good. Bought a kit from Spooky Tooth and I am not sure what is going on there... I received the kit and it was all wrong, crazy wrong... nothing fit and things were missing left to right. After some lengthy emails and calls, they promised to set it right, I believe they can. In the mean time it has been two weekend and I can not do anything, so Im kinda pissed... Just waiting for replacement parts and the sht-load of vintage NOS I have been hoarding the last few weeks. Almost ready to rock and roll.

Got some kick ass parts form Pirate and Sick, both were top notch service! Thats what Im takling about!

Note: Unless you want to spend some time making SIGNIFICANT modifications, stay away from the Monarch Repo Fork... I mean really...WTH! Vendors need to publish the facts!

Want that Phantom Chain tensioner!

Come back soon, i promise a real interesting build!

Black Rat 88
brnot

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
yes i know the feeling about spooky i had a bike service by them three months lateer and 200. dollars i finally got my bike back the only thing i ask was to fx the wiring and the back wheel now i get my kits from usabikemotors.com they are like a family to me they are always there when i need them well hopefully you get everything fix good luck

tvc15

Jun 27, 2010
portland, OR
not much I can do till replacement parts come from Spooky!

Been sanding and grinding a vintage Yamaha Minibike tank (just an awesome fit), wet sand tonight, paint tomorrow...

tvc15

Jun 27, 2010
portland, OR
Ok, Im not going to lie, Spooky Tooth really pissed me off... I bought a kit, they shipped late, they shipped parts that did not fit, they shipped parts that were just flat out wrong.

But...

They shipped... Late, they are on their watch for sure, cause mine runs a lot faster.

After feeling like I received the worst service ever they did good an got me all I needed...PLUS.

I will buy again from them for sure, but I will ask more questions, like is it in stock and how long will it REALLY take to ship.

I'm not going to lie, these guess left a bad taste in my mouth, but it was a kin to my first shot of JD

Last edited: