Outboard carb looks VERY similar to bikes

GoldenMotor.com

Mr.2Tcycles

Nov 13, 2008
Hawthorne CA
Well I was working on a 1999 3.3 HP Mariner outboard today, while cleaning the carb noticed a
lot of
similarities between the carbs on our bikes and this outboard's carb. May be an upgrade option,
it
seems to be of better quality, smoother intake, better slide with sharp metering pins.
No tickler though. And the throttle linkage is different,
although I didn't take it apart I am guessing it might fit our throttle/cable link though.
If anybody wants to try this go to :: iShopMarine.com :: iShopMarine.com Featured Items == evinrude parts, mercruiser engine part, mercruiser outdrive part, mercruiser part, mercruiser sterndrive part, mercury marine, mercury marine engine part, mercury marine outboard part, mercury m and I think you can buy the whole
carb and parts/pieces. Go to the mercury store and look for mariner, then 3.3 hp then 0G710613 thru ..... 0T894576 then carb section. See pics........... cost $139.97 shipping a little spendy.

Attachments

Last edited:

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Just looking at the carb it looks like the china one if you have a china one see if the float and other parts are the same or interchangeable. I wonder if it has chinese writing on it . Good find it scary close to the china carb.
Norman

ibcnya

Oct 29, 2008
Concord NC
Last edited:

gavmiester

Jan 9, 2009
stokers siding Australia NSW
Have compared these carbs the bowl is not interchangeable so castings do differ ,just found a painful tip to pass on exauhst burn to the leg after a slow speed spill ,3rd degree burn! some sort of insulation would be good any ideas sorry for going off topic having trouble posting where do you go to post? cheers